Slave or Prisoner marrying their Master

Started by steveuk, January 22, 2022, 12:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveuk

I have only just bought the Ideology dlc and tried a new start with a female supremacist society. All the slaves are men and female prisoners are recruited while male prisoners get executed in time. The problem is my High Priestess (leader) is going to marry one of the slaves while my second in command is a lover of one of the prisoners :(  Talk about spoiling immersion.

I hope this can get fixed and was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this?

Comic Sans Seraphim

Slaves and masters falling in love is a common, if slightly problematic, trope.

Instead of whining about immersion, think of it as a way to progress the story. Does this mean that these men are different and deserve to be part of the colony? Were you wrong about all men? Or are they just slaves that perform another... service?

If you believe that your ideoligion would consider this abhorrent, change the policy on physical love to prohibited.

glass zebra

This might be spoiling the immersion with the particular idea you had in mind, but the systems at hand do not forbid this. Supremacy does not neccessarly imply that everyone else is completely void of any value and is wanted to be public executed. It might be your idea and the system allows you do so such things, but your people are still individuals and make their own decissions based on the precepts/memes used. The gender supremacy memes simply restricts the leading roles to one gender and rolls for some relationship and clothing stuff, but those parts are completely changeable. It does not sound unlikely that your people found their heart ignited by someone deemed lesser by the ideology.

If you wanna fix this you can remove the relationship via dev mode. I do know thing there is a way to completely forbid relationships without mods. You can change precepts for physical love and partner numbers, but there is no way to restrict any kind of romantic relationship to 0.

Ukas

Master-slave relationships happened both in history, look at the sultans of the Ottoman Empire, and in romantic literature, but yes it can be annoying in the game. One practical solution is to enslave only ugly prisoners, your colonists leave them alone 99% of the time. Also you can make a prisoner much less atractive by removing his ear or an eye before enslaving him. Or install a toughskin bionic etc. THen one workaround is to remove the annoying colonist-slave relationships using the dev mode.