Making the game enjoyable without building a base

Started by Pai, January 22, 2022, 05:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pai

Would be fun to go around and explore places and play as just 1 character.
But at this point it's not much fun outside of the base. Unless we can enter other cities and interact with them.
For that, there has to be 3 types of tiles

1.Cities/Villages you can enter to trade with, take quests from, buy land in to live with other people that you don't control etc

2. Outposts or bandit camps or bandit hideouts, mainly there to be attacked and looted by player.

3. Wilderness tiles to hunt, gather, loot abandoned buildings, attack or trade with travelers, and if you want, setup a base.

Would be cool to get random events occur when traveling through the wilderness and ur forced to enter a tile and fight the attackers.

Barazen

The biggest problem I see is an engine one, As far as I know, the game has no way of remembering tiles or the changes too them, especially not in a quick manner.

Just having the game remember that location from a random encounter you had where raiders ambushed you, because there was a cool spot there you want to build at would be a tremendous task.

But I agree with you, that would be awesome, and I do want it.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

asanbr

Nice ideas. It's almost a different game you're suggesting.

Maybe someone else had a similar idea and made a mod for this kind of gameplay? I don't know, but it's worth checking out.

Barazen

It's very dwarf fortress, so if you need a fix you could always try that.

But if a modder makes a proof of concept to this idea Ludeon has made it pretty apparent that he watches the communities pulse
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.