Bugged Quest Description

Started by CalTheUntitled, January 27, 2022, 04:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalTheUntitled

I was playing a game with light mods when I got a quest with the name "ERR: [Joiner_nameDef]'s [site/site_label]" and the mission's text uses a bunch of similar placeholders (see attached screenshot), but I can see the name of the person that would join. I haven't seen this bug before and the last mod I installed was "prepare carefully." I'm not sure if this is caused by a mod or not, as none of them mess with quests, and almost all of them don't change gameplay beyond making issuing commands easier. I have yet to accept/complete the quest.

Here's a link to my log. I have closed and reloaded my save since the quest appeared, but it is still active.
https://gist.github.com/7f027aa9f4e40dff1cefda001385e0b2

Edit: I accepted the quest, but when I got the message that would normally tell me that a site had been set up nearby, the message had all of the quest's text as it's name. Additionally, no site was set up. There was already a psychic droner site harassing my colony, so that may be related.

Canute

Hi,
when you still got a savegame with these name error's, you should disable all mods.
When the problem still happen without mods (and with default engl. language) you should made a new topic at the regular bug forum, include the savegame (you prolly need to upload it somewhere else and post the link for download) and maybe the logfile player.log.

When the name error is gone, after you removed the mods, one of the mods might be the problem.
But i highly think no mod cause it.

CalTheUntitled

I do still have a save game with the bugged quest available, but I can't say for sure that it wasn't caused by mods. Even if it was caused by a mod, the name might stay when I disable them. Like, if I used a mod that changed map generation and then disabled it, the map wouldn't change back to normal generation, and this might be a similar situation. I also can't recreate it without waiting forever for a new broken quest to generate, since most of them work fine.

glass zebra

Canute said this because there have been reports like this before from different people and any info for this error could help tracking this down.

CalTheUntitled

I looked, and the only post on it I saw was too old for me to reply to. Should I just start a new one and say something like "this is a modded save, but I know devs are looking for info on this bug"

Canute

A similar report is like
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=55299
But since Phaenor (the bug hunter) lock all old recognized reports.
When you still got the error without mod's at the savegame, just create a new topic under Bugs. Then Phaenor can investigate and push it to the devs.
Quote from: Canute on January 27, 2022, 06:45:40 AM
you should made a new topic at the regular bug forum,