Ideology DLC gives me red debug errors on startup

Started by noname_hero, October 19, 2022, 03:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noname_hero

Running Rimworld 1.3.3200 rev 719, which says is the latest version, bought Ideology and copied the Ideology folder into the Data folder.

Startup screen shows the Ideology background and I can set up a new colony and give it an ideology but debug log upon startup gives me about a dozen complaints. I've already tried deleting the whole install plus AppData Config folder and using a fresh install but the problem persists. Core and Ideology are the only mods active. Any advice?

Here's a part of the debug log, can't post it all in one piece due to its length:

RimWorld 1.3.3200 rev719
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Message (string)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber ()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit ()
Verse.Root:Start ()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start ()

XML error: <validWithClassicIdeo>false</validWithClassicIdeo> doesn't correspond to any field in type MainButtonDef. Context: <MainButtonDef><defName>Ideos</defName><label>ideoligions</label><description>Review known ideoligions in the world.</description><tabWindowClass>MainTabWindow_Ideos</tabWindowClass><order>100</order><validWithoutMap>true</validWithoutMap><minimized>True</minimized><validWithClassicIdeo>false</validWithClassicIdeo><iconPath>UI/Buttons/MainButtons/Ideoligions</iconPath></MainButtonDef>
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml<RimWorld.MainButtonDef> (System.Xml.XmlNode,bool)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection<RimWorld.MainButtonDef> (System.Xml.XmlNode,bool)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:DefFromNode (System.Xml.XmlNode,Verse.LoadableXmlAsset)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ParseAndProcessXML (System.Xml.XmlDocument,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.Xml.XmlNode, Verse.LoadableXmlAsset>)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData (bool)
Verse.Root/<>c:<Start>b__6_1 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler/<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0 ()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context (object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

XML error: <skipOpportunityLettersBeforeDay>0</skipOpportunityLettersBeforeDay> doesn't correspond to any field in type PreceptDef. Context: <PreceptDef ParentName="FuneralBase"><description>A gathering that occurs around a believer's grave after they die and are buried. If the body is destroyed, an empty grave can be used. Slaves don't get funerals.</description><issue>Ritual</issue><impact>Medium</impact><iconPath>UI/Icons/Rituals/RitualFuneral</iconPath><preceptClass>Precept_Ritual</preceptClass><ritualPatternBase>FuneralStandard</ritualPatternBase><allowDuplicates>false</allowDuplicates><countsTowardsPreceptLimit>false</countsTowardsPreceptLimit><selectionWeight>1.0</selectionWeight><displayOrderInImpact>100</displayOrderInImpact><ignoreLimitsInEditMode>false</ignoreLimitsInEditMode><receivesExpectationsQualityOffset>true</receivesExpectationsQualityOffset><skipOpportunityLettersBeforeDay>0</skipOpportunityLettersBeforeDay><classic>true</classic><defName>Funeral</defName><label>funeral</label><alsoAdds>FuneralNoCorpse</alsoAdds><extraTextPawnDeathLetter>{PAWN_nameDef} should be buried and given a funeral so {PAWN_possessive} friends and family can say farewell.</extraTextPawnDeathLetter></PreceptDef>
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml<RimWorld.PreceptDef> (System.Xml.XmlNode,bool)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection<RimWorld.PreceptDef> (System.Xml.XmlNode,bool)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ParseAndProcessXML (System.Xml.XmlDocument,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.Xml.XmlNode, Verse.LoadableXmlAsset>)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object)

XML error: <skipOpportunityLettersBeforeDay>0</skipOpportunityLettersBeforeDay> doesn't correspond to any field in type PreceptDef. Context: <PreceptDef ParentName="FuneralBase"><description>A gathering that occurs around a believer's grave after they die and are buried. If the body is destroyed, an empty grave can be used. Slaves don't get funerals.</description><issue>Ritual</issue><impact>Medium</impact><iconPath>UI/Icons/Rituals/RitualFuneral</iconPath><preceptClass>Precept_Ritual</preceptClass><ritualPatternBase>FuneralNoCorpse</ritualPatternBase><allowDuplicates>false</allowDuplicates><countsTowardsPreceptLimit>false</countsTowardsPreceptLimit><selectionWeight>1.0</selectionWeight><displayOrderInImpact>100</displayOrderInImpact><ignoreLimitsInEditMode>false</ignoreLimitsInEditMode><receivesExpectationsQualityOffset>true</receivesExpectationsQualityOffset><skipOpportunityLettersBeforeDay>0</skipOpportunityLettersBeforeDay><classic>true</classic><defName>FuneralNoCorpse</defName><canGenerateAsSpecialPrecept>false</canGenerateAsSpecialPrecept><label>funeral (no corpse)</label><visible>false</visible><listedForRoles>false</listedForRoles><takeNameFrom>Funeral</takeNameFrom></PreceptDef>
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml<RimWorld.PreceptDef> (System.Xml.XmlNode,bool)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection<RimWorld.PreceptDef> (System.Xml.XmlNode,bool)

XML error: <classicModeOnly>true</classicModeOnly> doesn't correspond to any field in type PreceptDef. Context: <PreceptDef ParentName="FestivalBase"><description>A celebratory gathering for your colonists to have fun. A leader will give an encouraging speech, then everyone will socialize for a while.</description><issue>Ritual</issue><impact>Medium</impact><iconPath>UI/Icons/Rituals/RitualFestival</iconPath><preceptClass>Precept_Ritual</preceptClass><ritualPatternBase>CelebrationPartyDanceDrum</ritualPatternBase><allowDuplicates>true</allowDuplicates><countsTowardsPreceptLimit>false</countsTowardsPreceptLimit><ignoreLimitsInEditMode>true</ignoreLimitsInEditMode><receivesExpectationsQualityOffset>true</receivesExpectationsQualityOffset><defName>Classic_DrumParty</defName><label>drum party</label><classic>true</classic><classicModeOnly>true</classicModeOnly></PreceptDef>

Ark

1.3.3200 is getting close to its one-year anniversary. There have been at least four releases since. Update your game.

noname_hero

Quote from: Ark on October 20, 2022, 05:01:04 AM
1.3.3200 is getting close to its one-year anniversary. There have been at least four releases since. Update your game.

Thank you for that advice, the issue has been resolved by upgrading to 1.3.3387.

In my defense, I'm returning to Rimworld after a hiatus, the 1.3.3200 was claiming to be the latest version even after multiple restarts and the download page counter was showing I've already downloaded the game, I guess because it doesn't reset between minor version changes.

I'd mark this thread as solved but I don't think this forum tracks these things.

Canute

Let me guess, you use like me the DRM-free version.
Yes the notification top left isn't working right anymore.
They push the update to sendowl but they don't update the server about that notification.
And i don't want point the devs to that anymore since they more or less abandon their home-forum too.
Just be sure, that all parts (basegame and DLCs) hav the same version number. At last you can see these when you download them.

noname_hero

Yes, I'm not exactly a fan of Steam, so you're correct about me using the DRM-free non-Steam version.

Sad to hear about the dev team sorta-abandoning the forum but it is better to be aware of the fact so thank you for all the information.