A shuttle with colonists never landed. And now they're listed as dead

Started by kitot, February 02, 2022, 06:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitot

When i was done raiding another faction's base, i used the shuttle permit. I didn't send it home, but rather to a friendly settlement, to trade off the loot. But apparently the shuttle never got there - even now, a couple of in-game hours later, it still hovers above the settlement i sent it to. Weirdly enough, it also appears to be on the tile where i sent it from - two places at a time, but graphically it shows up only above one of them.

To be completely frank, a similar bug with the shuttle happend to the same colony some time earlier. I accepted the Relic quest (from the Ideology expansion), where i had to provide a couple of troops to carry out an investigation with a shuttle. But it never arrived, so i've failed the quest, simply because i didn't send the troops during the 24 hours the shuttle had to wait. But i thought that a relic was not a big deal, provided i play with a bunch of QOL mods and i use a very old and worn-out computer. So i let it slide. But then 8 out of 9 of my colonists report missing on a shuttle accident. And now i'm getting some Star Trek vibes going on D:

Speaking of over-dramatisation, the second half of the headline of this bug report comes from the "Statistics" tab, where it states quite clearly that 11 colonists were killed. In the shuttle accident there were 8, and earlier in the game i lost two due to an infection and one on the during an operation. Also such a high death count may be due to the deaths of temporary "colonists" (of whom there were also eight) from a quest, but a can't help myself but send them on a one-way mission against the mechs, when most of them have locked sniper rifles AND are simultaneously brawlers. However it doesn't explain the fact that some beds of the missing colonists assignments are gone, and some are still there - the only married couple have saved their reservation, while all other beds appear to have no owner. The same goes for thrones and meditation spots. What a big and unpleasant mystery.

I played on "Losing is Fun" difficulty, with the Permadeath turned on, so i don't think there is an option to roll back. Also when i started my investigation, i used some internet advise to turn my save file into a non-permadeatrh one. This is exactly when my investigation stopped, because i have no idea how to code. So here we are.

The mods i played with when the accident occured are purely quality of lives ones, which i use solely to cut down on the micromanagement time. But the funny thing is, i've used these mods for a long time, and nothing like this has ever happened before. I'll provide a list of them, but it is my strong conviction, that they have nothing to do with the accident.
Also, i've turned the mods off before uploading the save file.

Camera+
Color Coded Mood Bar
Dubs Mint Minimap
Numbers Trait AddOn
Replace Stuff
RimHUD
Show Draftees Weapon
Harmony
Numbers
[FSF] Complex Jobs
Ground Targeter
HugsLib
Allow Tool
P-Music
QualityBuilder
Gunplay
Drop All Inventory

Here is a link to a GoogleDrive folder. There are:
-A screenshot of the map whith the mouse poining to the image of the shuttle titled "Clicking_on_the_shuttle_image"
-A screenshot of the map whith the mouse poining to the location the shuttle took off from, marked with a little black arrow and some text. The screenshot it titled "Clicking_on_the_tile_the_shuttle_took_off". As i was saying, when i click that tile, i get redirected to the shuttle.
-A .rws save file (after i turned it into a non-permadeath)
-A .rws.old save file
-A "Player-prev" file, which i guess is the "Log File". It says there "ShipJob_Arrive with a null map", so i recon that's it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dF6gjU5rYCrDtpIfK4g9n3q839Qmo6Rb?usp=sharing

I am waiting patiently for some feedback and/or help.