is the tribal caravan foraging bonus per-pawn or per-faction?

Started by Anshosamki, February 04, 2022, 12:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anshosamki

If tribals are adopted into an new-arrivals colony, do those tribals get the foraging bonus? Or is that bonus a faction-trait, in which case, another question is: do non-tribals adopted into a tribal-start get it?

Alenerel

Id say they wont get the bonus and that it works like meditation. This is, when you are a tribal and recruit non tribals, they still cannot meditate with natural focus. So my guess is that is the tribal background of the pawn the one that counts for foraging bonus.

glass zebra

It's a faction bonus like the research speed multiplier. Belonging to a faction is the only thing that influences those things, no matter where the person came from or what background they have. In the UI it specifically says "faction bonus".

RicRider

Quote from: Alenerel on February 09, 2022, 09:14:39 AM
This is, when you are a tribal and recruit non tribals, they still cannot meditate with natural focus.

Was this changed recently? I seem to remember playing games recruiting tribals who would then make use of the anima tree. Why would their meditation focus type change as that's pawn backstory based?
##Coding Scrub##

glass zebra

Quote from: RicRider on February 10, 2022, 04:08:06 AM
Quote from: Alenerel on February 09, 2022, 09:14:39 AM
This is, when you are a tribal and recruit non tribals, they still cannot meditate with natural focus.

Was this changed recently? I seem to remember playing games recruiting tribals who would then make use of the anima tree. Why would their meditation focus type change as that's pawn backstory based?

The childhood backstory is the only thing that changes the base meditation type from art -> natural. Destination faction type or source faction type have no influence on this.