About Rule 14 and IGNI's lost forest... Historical studies?

Started by SilentMug, February 06, 2022, 07:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentMug

This topic is translated using free translation software, translation quality cannot be guaranteed.
This topic focuses on the birth of Rule 14 and some of the details of the IGNI's Lost Forest and RJW conflict.

In particular, some gamers still regard IGNI as a "tragic hero" who abandoned the mod's public creation due to the cyber violence of RJW players..... It ignores the birth of rule 14.

Digression: For IGNI's creations to suffer from "RJW", I say... Sympathy. I talk to a lot of modders (IGNI included) who treat their creations like their daughters... They are sad to see their creations suffer misfortune.

I would like confirmation from Ludeon (as the supreme arbiter of rimWorld mod community)
1-Was the creation of Rule 14 related to the IGNI Lost Forest hostile incompatible action?
2-IGNI's Lost Forest suffering "This item is incompatible with RimWorld." in RimWorld's STEAM workshop, was it a response from Ludeon?
3-Have Ludeon received reports of hostility incompatible action in IGNI's Lost Forest resulting in player saves being broken?

Canute

My personal comment,
it must be a reason you can't find RJW at the workshop  !
And personal i don't give any support/hints when i see RJW at their modlist.

SilentMug

Quote from: Canute on February 06, 2022, 08:16:39 AM
My personal comment,
it must be a reason you can't find RJW at the workshop  !
And personal i don't give any support/hints when i see RJW at their modlist.

In fact, there are SJWs or HJWs (I'm not sure....I can't open the workshop right now)

But you said "i don't give any support/hints" instead of "hostile incompatibility"...after all hostile incompatibility involves a violation of the player's right to choose mods

And take the liberty to ask....well...how to identify who is Ludeon staff in this forum

Canute

QuoteAnd take the liberty to ask....well...how to identify who is Ludeon staff in this forum
Ludeon member should have Developer title below their name.
Some Moderator (title below name too) get paid/work for Ludeon some not.

SilentMug

Quote from: Canute on February 10, 2022, 09:17:07 AM
QuoteAnd take the liberty to ask....well...how to identify who is Ludeon staff in this forum
Ludeon member should have Developer title below their name.
Some Moderator (title below name too) get paid/work for Ludeon some not.
OK, thanks.

Ramsis

Quote from: SilentMug on February 06, 2022, 07:12:31 AM
This topic is translated using free translation software, translation quality cannot be guaranteed.
This topic focuses on the birth of Rule 14 and some of the details of the IGNI's Lost Forest and RJW conflict.

In particular, some gamers still regard IGNI as a "tragic hero" who abandoned the mod's public creation due to the cyber violence of RJW players..... It ignores the birth of rule 14.

Digression: For IGNI's creations to suffer from "RJW", I say... Sympathy. I talk to a lot of modders (IGNI included) who treat their creations like their daughters... They are sad to see their creations suffer misfortune.

I would like confirmation from Ludeon (as the supreme arbiter of rimWorld mod community)
1-Was the creation of Rule 14 related to the IGNI Lost Forest hostile incompatible action?
2-IGNI's Lost Forest suffering "This item is incompatible with RimWorld." in RimWorld's STEAM workshop, was it a response from Ludeon?
3-Have Ludeon received reports of hostility incompatible action in IGNI's Lost Forest resulting in player saves being broken?

1. No, it existed before the Lost Forest issue.
2. As far as I know yes it was done via Ludeon's Steam support team.
3. Yes which is why the mod was marked as incompatible.

Personal opinion that is my own and does not relate to anything official from Ludeon, nothing is worse than putting in hazardous code to punish people who use another mod. I don't agree with the mod that sparked this response from the mod maker but I even more don't agree with hostile action in a way that could harm the playability of others. There is always a better way to get your feelings out.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

SilentMug

Quote from: Ramsis on February 14, 2022, 11:42:20 AM
Quote from: SilentMug on February 06, 2022, 07:12:31 AM

1. No, it existed before the Lost Forest issue.
2. As far as I know yes it was done via Ludeon's Steam support team.
3. Yes which is why the mod was marked as incompatible.

Personal opinion that is my own and does not relate to anything official from Ludeon, nothing is worse than putting in hazardous code to punish people who use another mod. I don't agree with the mod that sparked this response from the mod maker but I even more don't agree with hostile action in a way that could harm the playability of others. There is always a better way to get your feelings out.
Thanks for your clear and precise answer. This makes a lot of sense for my history study.
And...I agree with your personal opinion...
"There is always a better way to get your feelings out."