[1.3.3200] Injured colonists missing from ritual list + cutter strangeness

Started by glass zebra, February 08, 2022, 09:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glass zebra

On some rituals bleeding colonists are not listed in the ritual screen without any explanation. It seems on the blinding/scarification ritual people with bleeding wound are listed, but have a message that that can not spectate due to being injured. Assigning them to targets still works. It seems that they are actually only just included in the screen when they are a possible target and they are not exempt from being a target (but they can not be a cutter).

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1822271866496763098/E33005A4B0BCA62C3227C78672E9C1F5E0B8E038/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1822271866496763395/C188DB609FDA84527350765505E04EF9184C9659/

This might not really be a bug, but it's a bit weird to have them listed in some rituals and not in others. Would probably be easier to understand for players why people are missing, if the same behaviour would be used everywhere (and maybe indicate injured status by red name in that screen).

Sidenote: Seeing how those 2 rituals got changed with cutters carrying the targets to the ritual scene, it probably was made so downed targets can be included as targets. Non downed targets will also be carried and then brought back to their beds, locking every participant in the ritual room for possible hours, since capable targets will not go to the ritual by themselves, but way for the cutter to carry them and then brought back to their bed (even if not bleeding at all (scarification)) which might be at the other side of the base. On any bigger base this requires micromanagement from the player (forbidding bedroom doors, drafting people into the ritual room etc.) to not lock your entire ritual party for a long time. Doing 5 scars like this can be pretty annoying.
Are non-downed targets meant to be carried in and out even though they could just walk by themselves?

Both DLCs, no mods.

Edit: are these things valid to report? This is probably more UX QA than bug reports.

Pheanox

I'm not sure I would really call this a bug as you are mentioning.  It might be better in the suggestions forum or maybe support forum?  I'm not opposed to them, but I don't put them in as bugs.  When I see suggestions here I just gather them up and eventually one of the devs or Ty will go through and look at all the suggestions I've rounded up and decide what to do with them.  I'll add this one to the list.

glass zebra

Probably more of a suggestion than a bug. I think I might have put this down as a bug because I had this happening but did not know the background yet until I tried around more, so I already had a new thread open with subject and some text and was then trying around until I understood where it happened and could write down the repro. Probably should have just copied the text and put it in the other forum. I just thought it was a bug before I understood the reason behind it.