[1.3.3200] Problem Causer quests scale incorrectly.

Started by Madman666, February 09, 2022, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

I guess, i ll report this here as well (already posted at dev discord, but since there s no unstable build active...) - quest type Problem Causer from Royalty has severe balancing issues. It has two possible threats - pirate outpost and a mechanoid cluster. In case of a mechanoid cluster it will always spawn with just one mini-slugger turret and a single sleeping mechanoid. It can have 1-2 another buildings, like a shield, a node or an activator of some kind, but defensive force will always be pathetic be it with 500 wealth or 500 000.

This is verified with a modlist of just Core, Royalty and Ideology DLC. Pirate outposts do scale, mechanoid clusters do not.
Which brings a second issue - pirate outposts scale of proportion, spawning 40-50 dudes in a single wooden shack vs a colony of 25 people. That would be fair if it was a raid on the player where he has his defenses helping him out, but outside, on a small temporary map with only some bushes for cover against 50 pirates? Would be nice if someone took a balancing pass on Problem Causer quest type.

It has the potential to be a complete game ender - if the game decided to place an EMI Dynamo with twice more guards than i have colonists, that is basically either a game over, or i ll have to migrate to another world tile. That is more than a little bit broken.

Reproduction steps:
1) Start a new game
2) Use dev option Make full colony
3) increment 4 seasons just in case
4) DoMapIncident x10 - > Problem Causer.
5) Visit several outposts to see how guard force differs massively

Every pirate outpost spawned will have 50ish guys. Every mech cluster will have a single turret and a single mechanoid.

Madman666

Will anyone at least post a reply that the studio has this information received and will take a look? This issue is kinda important and i did pay for this DLC.

glass zebra

It's weekend and Pheanox does not reply daily, but they do reply to bug reports a lot. I have no idea about the schedule, but it usually does not take long to get a reply to posts as you can see in the other posts in the bug section. Additionally they are working through the reports from oldest to newest, so bumping the post will not make it be seen earlier but later.

Madman666

Quote from: glass zebra on February 12, 2022, 10:33:13 PM
It's weekend and Pheanox does not reply daily, but they do reply to bug reports a lot. I have no idea about the schedule, but it usually does not take long to get a reply to posts as you can see in the other posts in the bug section. Additionally they are working through the reports from oldest to newest, so bumping the post will not make it be seen earlier but later.

Could ve at least just dropped a reply "Noted, will take a look later", u know.

Canute

If you allways bumb the topic, Phaenox will read it at last, since he read/checkl/answer oldest first.
But since his is pretty uptodate with the bugstopics, he will responde with the next batch i think.

Pheanox

Since you already posted this on the dev discord server, it should already have been noted by our dev that actively monitors bug reports.  They do not often post on the server, but do take all the bug reports and curate them.  I will double check to see if ison already grabbed it or not, though.

Pheanox

This had been added to our internal tracker after a conversation with our dev that manages the bugs on the discord.