trying to update to 1.3

Started by birdman85_01, February 14, 2022, 01:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman85_01

I have purchased a copy of rimworld from Ludeon studios about 2 or 3 years ago and have enjoyed playing it; now I see that the new update is available, but I can't find any way to install it without buying the game again for $35. Can someone please either post a video showing how and where to go, or put a link on the site? I have seen posts that say that you can update the game for free, but I can't find any links of videos that actually explain how.

Ark

Use the link you got in the email. If you have lost the email, follow instructions in https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1875.0.

Canute

Hi,
at the way to download and instal the game nothing changed at the last years it is still the same procedure.
You got an email from Sendowl with the notification of a new version, but basicly any email from Sendowl works, the link inside that email is allways the same personal link for you.
- Open the link and download the version for your OS.
- Delete the old installation folder.
- Unzip/copy the dowloaded file at the folder you like.
- Find the execuble file (for windows RimWorldWin64.exe) and start it.

Since you download directly you don't have steam Workshop support and when you like to use mod's later, you should check the 1. link of my signature.