Capturing Pirate

Started by Cassey, November 04, 2013, 11:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

Probably just doing this wrong, but when I go to capture a pirate, I'm told I don't have any enclosed beds marked for prisoners?

Do they need their own room?

Screen capture attached.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Semmy

Quote from: Cassey on November 04, 2013, 11:04:12 PM
Probably just doing this wrong, but when I go to capture a pirate, I'm told I don't have any enclosed beds marked for prisoners?

Do they need their own room?

Screen capture attached.

Prisoners need there own room.
Dig or construct a room with a door
It is essential that its a confined room/cave.

Than set the bed/sleeping spot to prisoner with if im correct "F" not sure im at work d-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Cassey

As someone pointed out:  They need their own room with a door.

Then you need to Draft one of your staff, and right click on any Raider, Passer-by, etc. and you can assign your staff to capture them.  Once captures, you can be nice, or not... your choice.

British

I'm actually surprised you manage to have prisoner and colonist beds in the same room, as having different types of beds in a room is not allowed (the game forces all the beds to be of the same type when you try to change one).

Did you happen to build your walls *after* building all the beds ?

SteveAdamo

Quote from: British on November 05, 2013, 05:59:28 AM
Did you happen to build your walls *after* building all the beds ?

excellent question...

Cassey

Actually I was unsuccessful in the provided screen capture game.

I was successful in my next try, and no, I built the walls first.

Odd that I'm not experiencing the "all beds must be the same", on the other hand, it might have been timing before (like I had mixed beds but the walls had not been constructed (e.g. plans placed, just not executed on yet)).

British

If you issued all the build orders at the same time, that's quite possible.
In that case, that would mean that all your beds were built before the room was closed, and you changed the two beds to prisoner, still before room being close.
That's worth a try.

To check if changing beds in a room does indeed force all beds to follow that change, you can simply create a room (wait for it to be closed :P), put a couple beds, and then try to change one to prisoner.
It should pop a message asking if you want to change *all* beds to prisoner.
Else it just aborts the change.

enystrom8734

This is not a bug.

I reproduced your build exactly: http://puu.sh/59xEf/6147191922.jpg

In doing so I noticed you had your research table point out (Look at Hurst). When building a wall this prevented it from being completed. What happens is, if there is no room, you can assign individual beds to prisoner beds. The bug should be that you are allowed to assign prisoner beds in the open and not that this is not a valid area.

If you were to hover your mouse over an open area you would not see the "Metal roof (thin)" text. When you have prisoner beds in the open and then close off the area, ALL beds will become prisoner beds.

Will report the assigning prisoner beds in the open as a bug though. Thank you.

FlySpray case 131: http://ludeon.com/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=131
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

British

Oh my, good catch...

I still want to see how it goes when trying to encase different types of bed.

Cassey

Ah!  And here I thought I was being clever having that research bench face outwards - saved me a row of space inside.  Didn't realize the consequences.

Great explanation!  Thanks.

(and you gave me another thought - wondering if I excavate the hillside my current game is in and build walls if the house will get a roof, and stop having all those rain caused shorts!)

SteveAdamo

Quote from: Cassey on November 05, 2013, 11:40:10 AM
(and you gave me another thought - wondering if I excavate the hillside my current game is in and build walls if the house will get a roof, and stop having all those rain caused shorts!)

yes, housing your equipment either within an excavated room, or under a constructed roof will prevent those short circuits from spreading like... well, like fire... ;)

Cassey

Odd, just had to build a wall along the excavated edge of the map and things roofed over.  Nice!

Now just need to open up some space for better bedrooms.

enystrom8734

Glad to be a help, just noticed I forgot to lock the case!
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734