[UI] Trade window overhaul.

Started by Timber, August 20, 2014, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timber

If you haven't seen it already here's the new trade UI Tynan has been working on:
http://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/2dy7rl/traders_now_deal_in_and_carry_apparel_body_parts/cjuj0v8

Don't know about you but I'm a little disappointed. (Also not digging the dollar signs. Maybe use a unique symbol?)
I really dislike having to drag my mouse 5 - 15 times when trading just to select wanted quantity of goods.

I was hoping the new UI would alleviate that but it looks like we are stuck with same old line based layout.
What I would love to see is something akin Morrowind trading UI:
http://i.imgur.com/wXZrjoC.jpg

I understand that a lot of work has already been done on current system and a line based window is probably easier to code but I'll post my idea anyway:
http://i.imgur.com/5MfkAye.jpg
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Billy Rueben

I'm just sick of slider bars in the trading screen period. I'm still waiting for "Click to insert amount" to appear.

EmmaWayne

i dont like the trade menu in rpgs like TES
tynans ui is ok for me but there is one MUST HAVE

allow us to type in quantities

edit
or put everything in.
slider, type, buttons +1 -1
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

StorymasterQ

Can't we have divider lines between each item categories? Say, one after Silver (which is always top, I guess?) then foodstuff, then building materials, then weapons, then colonists, then prosthetics, etc.

Or maybe an odd/even row background color/shading?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

bobucles

Dollarie doos? What the heck is this? I thought the point of being on a remote rimworld was that currency holds no value over hard tangible resources.

StorymasterQ

Oh, and about that currency sign, I'm sure Tynan meant it to stand for $ilver...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ApexPredator

Not worried about the use of $$$, however, anyone else notice that metal arms and legs are more expensive than lung/liver/kidney? What kind of human trafficking/organ farm is present in our future.... ohhhhh the humanity. Or maybe they just figured out how to grow them in a lab.

MajorFordson

I find it odd that a trading ship would carry so FEW items.

But then again it's just about balance. If the game made sense, then surely the colonists could hitch a ride with the first friendly trader that came along!

windruf

Quote from: Billy Rueben on August 20, 2014, 04:12:09 PM
I'm just sick of slider bars in the trading screen period. I'm still waiting for "Click to insert amount" to appear.
+100500!
it is PinA to drag it around!

and it is better to have categories instead of altogether.

vagineer1

To be honest it looks like the old Trading UI, just with more stuff to fill up the screen.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.