Swamped In Corrupted Quests With No Way Out

Started by TurtleShroom, February 27, 2022, 01:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurtleShroom

Good afternoon.

In my most recent saved game, I have experienced frustrating situations involving Quests. In these,  both by forcing it through the Debug Console or having it spawn naturally, the Quests are corrupted and cannot be dismissed, nor can they expire.

You will find a picture of what I am dealing with below this message.

If it helps, this is my Hugs Library Log: https://gist.github.com/545dda4355b4f846d8973ef3ebab2900 .

Thank you for any assistance you may render.

Warm regards,
-TURTLESROOM

TurtleShroom

Adding a second example. This is corrupting every category of Quest that involves Pawns coming to visit me.

Am I posting in the wrong section?

Canute

Hi,
sorry with 600+ there is no help for you.
It is nearly impossible to point at a mod and say that is the bad one.

There are so many error's at rimworld startup before you even load a savegame, you shouldn't have start a new colony with that either.
Try to read the 2.link of my signature and fix up your modlist, then you can start a new colony.

TurtleShroom

Quote from: Canute on February 28, 2022, 02:05:55 AM
sorry with 600+ there is no help for you.
It is nearly impossible to point at a mod and say that is the bad one.

I just want the corrupted Quests deleted. If I can clean them out, my game should work fine again, just  like it did before with this amount of Mods.

Canute

That would require to edit the savegame.
I didn't delete any quest myself, so i only can give you some tips.
Backup at first the savegame.
Open the savegame with a texteditor. The simple Windows notepad would would but i recommend a better one, specialized for programming. Like notepad++ or SciTe.
Search for "quest" and made yourself familar with the syntax.
Maybe use a keyword you find at the quest for searching.
Just try to delete he whole quest block then.

But i think that is just a temporary solution, i think the next quests are bugged to, since one of your mods cause the problem.
Good luck.