[MOD] (Alpha 6) The Finer Things -- Booze & Statues

Started by DeaconBlues, August 20, 2014, 08:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeaconBlues

The Finer Things...
Now with Booze and Sculpture!

Forging a new life after crash landing on a planet is hard work, as we all know, so why not inject a bit of luxury into your colony?  That's where the The Finer Things comes in...

Currently The Finer Things includes two additions, Alcohol and Statues.  The goal of the mod, besides adding more production options of course, is to make life a bit more bearable for your colonists.  I've haphazardly "balanced" everything, but I'm certainly open to suggestions.  Anyway, more details can be found below:

Alcohol
- Adds Strawberry Wine, Vodka, and Tequila
   - These are categorized as meals and give your colonists a positive boost in their moods, though the Strawberry Wine's is lessened due to it being the "cheap" alcohol
   - They do provide a nutritional benefit as well, but less so than their prepared meal equivalents
- Adds the Still.  This serves as the workbench where alcohol is distilled

Sculpture -- Artists now have a purpose
- Adds a simple, fine, and lavish statue
  - These serve as new resources once created which can then be "installed" by building them from the decoration section of the architect menu
  - Once installed, the statues carry the Gorgeous tag which, though I haven't seen it first hand so far, will hopefully make the environment more desirable.  If nothing else they do pretty the place up a bit  :P
- Adds the Sculpture Workshop.  This serves as the workbench where your Artists will create statue "parts".

Known Issues/Future Plans:
- Currently there is no boost (based on art skill level) to production time for creating statues.  I tried to add a new SkillNeedsDef but for some reason it was never recognized  :-\
- I would prefer the statues impart a mood bonus when witnessed, basically the opposite of corpses, but I was never able to find corpses in the core defs to act as an example.  Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help out...
- I do plan on adding more luxury type items in the future so stick around!

Download
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96453975/finer_things.zip

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

harpuea

Neat. Will play test and report things as I find them.

Zeta Omega

Huh...statues and booze....never thought of seeing those 2 things together in a mod. Hey, first time for everything. good job, You may want to post pictures in this to, people like seeing a bit first

DeaconBlues

Yea... I'm still working out how to post images in line, but you raise a good point so I've included some preview images as attachments.

MrDecay

This mod sounds pretty cool, imma check it out
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

harpuea

Statues doesn't appear to add to the mood. I already have a Beautiful Environment +15.

Edit:

I can't use the Still. Colonist can't work on it. The issue have something to do with the Still machine. Pasted the Recipe onto the cooking stove and the colonist can make alcohol from the cooks stove.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: DeaconBlues on August 20, 2014, 09:59:30 PM
Yea... I'm still working out how to post images in line, but you raise a good point so I've included some preview images as attachments.

Tip: Upload the image to a hosting site (such as Imgur) get the direct link, (right click copy image url) and put it img tags

[img]The url goes here[/img]

Cool looking mod btw, I was wondering when booze would be added in. Will colonists partake of it?

Shinzy

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 20, 2014, 09:23:12 PM
Huh...statues and booze....never thought of seeing those 2 things together in a mod. Hey, first time for everything. good job, You may want to post pictures in this to, people like seeing a bit first

You know how artists are! Even sculptors need to draw inspiration somewhere

DeaconBlues

My thoughts exactly... :D

I'll have to look into the trouble with Still.  I had it working on my end but maybe I missed something.  The colonists do partake of the alcohol for sure, though in my experience they reach for the meals first.

gehennianviceroy

Excellent! Is the booze tradable? I'm always looking for ways to finance the bribing of nearby colonies.

Compozitor

DeaconBlues

Thanks, I tried to keep to the overall RimWorld style.

On a different note, the bug with the Still should be fixed now, my apologies, and everything seems to be basically working.  I'm still working on the mood benefit from statues and I really like the suggestion on trading so I'll look into that for both the booze and statues (why not right?).  Maybe I'll throw in some rock crafts for those especially dwarfy colonies... :P

gehennianviceroy

Awesome! Decent alcohol would for sure be a commodity in space.

Krinogen

What about growing grape and making wine ?
And instead of brewing wine, the recipe could be call "Pair Meal with Wine" and you would have a even better lavish meal with wine that give awesome tought

you should also add a trait for alcoholic !

ShaggyD00

Nice! Having a real prob with colonist freaking out all the time, need some pos reinforcements around the base.