"Initialization ..."

Started by Fuzzy_Wuzzy, March 06, 2022, 02:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy_Wuzzy

Hello.
I had an old unlicensed version of the game. I bought the license on Steam. After installing the game runs fine, but should restart the PC, so when you try to enter the game hangs at the initialization stage. Three hours, you can look at the inscription "Initialization ..." and nothing helps :(
Tried everything I can.

Please help me

Canute

Not sure but installing Rimworld don't require a PC restart normaly.
And 3 hours you never need to startup Rimworld, except you got a very old PC and use 300+ mods, then some people report that they need around 30 min.

Just manual delete (not uninstal) the whole installation folder, then repair/reinstal it.
I only can suppose that the PC restart shortly after the installation maybe damage some files.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy

I don't have any mods installed. Every time I delete the game, download again - it works. When I turn off the PC, turn it on and want to go into the game, game does not work.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy

Uninstalled the game, renamed the old folder, delete the game folder in AppData, and so on - the problem is the same. Really hoping for your help.

Canute

I am clueless, anything i suggest are shoots at the dark.
You can start Rimworld without steam. Just start the rimworld....exe from the installation folder.
When Rimworld is working maybe copy the whole installation folder to a different location.
Try to start it from there, just to check if it works.
Maybe post the player.log (at the appdata location), you need to use Reply first to see file attachment options.
Rimworld don't need anything special, and since it works after a new instal, i only can think it is something at your PC side. Does you use a virustool ? Maybe disable it.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy

Do you want me to send you the player.log file?

Canute

Not me, but at the forum yes, it could maybe give a hint why rimworld stay at the stage.
Be sure you got the initialization problem before, so that is logged at the logfile.
The logfile get newly created with each start of rimworld.

You could try out to clear the regestry entries.
Look at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0
for the regestry remove file.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy

Working with the registry will not affect the operation of the OS?

Fuzzy_Wuzzy

Player.log gets spammed with 'd3d11: failed to create buffer´ messages.

Canute

I don't think that msg. is very important.
You said Rimworld is running fine until a PC restart, so i don't think you have any videocard problems.
But i am clueless why it don't work after a PC restart.
Since the forum is very abandon, you should try other discussions too.
At the steam or discord at example.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy

I downloaded in Steam version 1.2 of the game and it works fine. Strange that they only said this yesterday. :(

Canute

Then it might be an issue with your videocard.
Each major release the unity engine get updated too, and the requirement of the videocard are higher.
I don't know if that might help.
But you can try to add the start argument "-force-d3d9", to let RW use DirectX9 instead DirectX11.
Or try to update the videodriver if you didn't done it so far.