Blink/Teleport

Started by charkesd, April 28, 2016, 02:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charkesd

Instead of a shield, the colonist can teleport ____ distance in a straight line.

Cool melee battles?

charkesd

How does no one want this?  :-[

BlueMarble007

How would you like to see that implemented? It sounds like either a lot of micromanagement, or a lot of AI-code-writing to me.

charkesd

item like a shield that forbids ranged attack - a cooldown of ohhh 120 sec that moves the unit forward 7 spaces instantly (if were talkin fancy then some sort of flash or burst visual) toward the target and is triggered when you reach 9 spaces away.

if youre closer then 4 spaces when the cooldown is up again or if youre drafted while already within 4 spaces of your target (assigned or auto) the item will not trigger. however if your between 5-9 spaces from your target when the CD resets and the item is "recharged", or if you move to a distance of 5-9 spaces while the item is already charged ready to go, the appropriate amount of space will be teleported to be within melee range of the target - or 2 spaces away for max trigger distance of 9 spaces

the values arent concrete i literally just typed this out

maybe you could have a forbid use box that will stop the pawn from auto using the item when within range

BlueMarble007

That's an interesting approach, but I feel like it'd screw with the pathfinding mechanics. Perhaps it's best if it stays manual, only to be activated by the player, with a button when drafted that shows a range. Perhaps a (craftable) tiered system would be nice too, e.g. T1 having a range of 4 tiles, T2 having one of 8, T3 one of 12, etc.. Perhaps T1 could allow ranged weapons, while T2 and T3 (and so on) don't.

All in all this sounds like a great concept for a mod, perhaps I'll work on it, if I manage to find an IDE that supports .NET 3.5 for Mac.

charkesd

would be nice if it felt like the pawns could use it themselves thats a ton of micromanagement if you have 10 melee

for now il take anything i can get since i dont know jack about mods but i can see the appeal of multiple items. i just wanted something in addition to the shield to make the combat more interesting and personally i would probably be more inclined to use the mod if it was simpler with only 1 level of strength and you didnt have to click it to use it almost like it was meant to be in the game its just there. now that i think about it it might be nice to be able to manually trigger the item with just the pawns direction to just blink around whenever you wanted... god now i want it to just happen every cooldown regardless of combat so my workers will be faster even 120s cd could make a difference on like 6 pawns running around

ok ive typed too much

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

charkesd

hello i am alive again who wants blink

Omnicast

This idea reminds me of FF15's Warp Strike.

If this ever gets made I hope it comes in a few different flavors.

Warp Strike Ring/Bracer/Bangle/Etc:
Use of ability costs X Warp Energy.
Holds X Warp Energy depending on quality of item.. Adds a Warp Energy Bar similar to the Shield Energy bar.
Regenerates X Warp Energy per second/tick depending on quality of item..
Warp Range of X(10-20) depending on quality of item.
Adds one button that activates ability.
Pawn warps to target of ability. If target is not friendly proceed to instantly attack with equipped weapon. Melee/Ranged/Spatula. If target is friendly no attack is made. Ability can also target the ground as a way of burst traveling.
Gains bonus to hit chance and a bonus to dodge for the next 3 seconds.

Warp Fury Belt/Ring/Bracer/Bangle/Etc:
Use of ability costs X Warp Energy.
Holds X Warp Energy depending on quality of item. Adds a Warp Energy Bar similar to the Shield Energy bar.
Regenerates X Warp Energy per second/tick depending on quality of item.
Warp Range of X(5-10) depending on quality of item. AOE range of 5-10 depending on quality of item.
Adds two buttons. Button one activates the ability. Button two switches modes.
Mode one: Pawn warps to target of ability and proceeds to instantly attack with equipped weapon. The pawn then repeatedly warp randomly around the target while striking after each warp until the target is dead or Warp Energy is depleted.
Mode two: The activate ability button changes from single target to AOE targeting. When the AOE is confirmed the pawn then randomly Warp Strikes all available targets within the AOE until all possible targets are dead or Warp Energy is depleted.
Gains bonus to hit chance and a bonus to dodge until ability ends.

Warp Blast Belt/Ring/Bracer/Bangle/Etc:
Use of ability costs all stored Warp Energy. Minimum Warp Energy required is X.
Holds X Warp Energy depending on quality of item.. Adds a Warp Energy Bar similar to the Shield Energy bar.
Regenerates X Warp Energy per second/tick depending on quality of item. Warp Energy regeneration is halted for X seconds/tick after using ability.
Warp Range of X(5-15) depending on quality of item.
Adds one button that activates ability.
Pawn warps to target of ability. A blast of Warp Energy expands outwards in a circular shape. AOE size and damage depends on how much Warp Energy is expended.
AOE has three zones. Core AOE, Inner AOE, and Outer AOE. Targets within the Core AOE takes the brunt of the damage and is heavily stunned(3-5s) if not outright killed. Targets within the Inner AOE are mostly just wounded and lightly stunned(1-2s). Targets within the Outer AOE are barely scratched.

The last item I've thought of combines the other three together or something.

charkesd