multiple home regiona and afterstory

Started by dax7er, August 29, 2014, 06:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dax7er

My first idea of having multiple home regions is to do with the idea that once you have expanded, you can have a few colonist move to a different part of the map to strategically expand further and have them stay within the compounds of their home region (other than when hunting or performing tasks for their home region. this would bring about a larger strategy in the placement of the game rather than having one door that the enemies are meant to flood or hiding in the mountains as there is only so much you could do in one base. however have 2 or maybe three bases and it could then become a possibility to surround incoming invaders and cause more events such as colonists not liking being a part of the smaller home refion or colonist wanting to live in a more secluded area of a smaller home region (if at all possible)

my second idea is for an after story.
what if after the game is completed, colonists have been sent to this other place or other planet that they came from and find that it has been overrun by slavers, war mongers, and general tyranny, and has therefore been abandoned other than by a few of the more powerful clans. this would bring new levels to the game and allow for multitask capabilities such as if colonists where left behind you could alternate between planets but always have to keep an eye on both of them etc. it would just seem a waste to me to say that you have completed a game and receive no further challenge or reward from doing so

anyone any ideas on these subjects??  :D

Tumuel

I like the idea of having something to happen to your colonists after they escape in their ship, but I am not sure about having to manage 2 colonies (the option would be nice, for those who want it though). Instead of just that message saying you are in the AI's hands now, there are lots of possibilities. I want to know what happens to them. It sounds like it would be very complicated to implement, because it would not be fun having an assortment of preset messages.