Mental break soon / Psychologist

Started by EmmaWayne, August 21, 2014, 03:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaWayne

Heyho

I think it would be cool if your social or medicine peeps are able to take care of mental weak pawns.

Warning: Mental break soon!
manual
after this message, your doc or social guy are able to put him in the med-bed. (select the "doc" and rightclick on the mental week person)
automatic
the game knows that some peeps are having mental trouble so the doc will come and take care of him.

i mean, if you have a warden, your prisoner gets soooo much + only from talking to him.
the only way to add some good mood to your peeps is to make a beautiful colony.

sometimes i have to arrest some of my guys so that the warden can take care of his mental break.

cheers
emmchen
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

_alphaBeta_

Yes, I agree that it would be nice if you could essentially put colonists somewhere where they're not a danger to the colony or themselves. This could be done preemptively as you suggest. I've seen plenty of events where the physically sensitive become ticking bombs with it being inevitable that they'll break before the physic event is over.

Isolating them in such a way allows them to keep their colonist (non-prisoner) status, but essentially are locked in a room and sedated until the physic event passes. This would save time of having to recruit your own colonists back from prisoner status. I think most colonists who are loyal to the colony initially would be willing to protect themselves and others until the event passes.

Some may say that having to arrest and re-recruit the broken colonists is a deliberate mechanic of the game since the mental break essentially wipes the colonist clean of loyalty and reasoning, retaining only their skill set. I suppose it really comes down to what the mental break is really supposed to mean with respect to game play (only Tynan can tell us). Then again, if they're sedated, I don't see why this would occur. If we'll be keeping the arrest / prisoner approach to this issue, I think for game-play purposes former-colonists should be easier to recruit. This may go against the "wipe the colonist" clean idea, but it can be really frustrating to recruit back your own colonists at times.

PolandBall

Good idea it would if new skill be added. Something like "mental warden" or something and mental doc. will warden colonist which threatens mental break.

Roundsquare

Quote from: Awesom1 on August 21, 2014, 03:14:06 PM
Good idea it would if new skill be added. Something like "mental warden" or something and mental doc. will warden colonist which threatens mental break.

Social seems to cover this quite well already, after all social interaction is mostly psychology anyway.

PolandBall

Social seems to cover this quite well already, after all social interaction is mostly psychology anyway.
I think Social is more like Charisma, interaction with other colonist etc. If you already more doctor than social. Look at Fallout. Retoric there here is Social. So conversation, trading etc. be to this one skill.  Doctor is more to intelligence or something...
Summing: "Mental warden" I would give more to Doctor than social.

EmmaWayne

social is a MUST HAVE for a psychologist.
medicin is more like... second/third place

i have no idea from medicin but almost everybody can "calm down" a good friend.

edit:
i mean :D if he cant talk, what will he do? the only thing that he needs to know is:
what can i do to calm this idiot down^^

offtopic:
after that question he decides to take your money and starts talking about bullshit ;)

most of the Psychologist in germany are idiots. they dont know nothing. the only thing that has to do with medicine is the doctorate
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

MajorFordson

Would be great to have a "Restrain" command you could use. A character with low melee or doctor skills has the possibility of injuring/being injured by the target and failing to capture them.

Lost Cause

We need slave collars with built in explosives to take out those that would try to escape... or possibly just a sedative so the disturbed individuals can be rendered unconscious harmlessly, picked up, carried to a nice warm bed and wake up later feeling calm, and happy, and unbothered by the little scar just beside their temple where the itty-bitty bit of brain was taken out.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Srgntcuddles

I support this! I was thinking the same thing not too long ago. Though it's relevant stat should be both medicine/social, much like hunting is shooting/melee
Lapine Laboratories - Where bunnies test on people! For the better of human kind.

StatikMilk30

It would be grate if the doc could also fix his week pleb mind so he doesnt freak the fuck out all the time. Make their mind and steel box form witch no dead body's or dark places can make him crack.