Which Cpu is better for rimworld: 13900k or 7950x3d

Started by RimJobCreator, February 20, 2023, 04:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RimJobCreator

As per the title of the topic I am trying to find out which cpu is best for running rimworld. My feeling is that the 7950x3d is going to be the stronger Cpu as it has the way bigger L3 cache, despite having half the L2 cache and slower speed on the CCD with the 3d-v cache.

Mr. Blues

Probably the Intel since they usually offer better single-core performance which tends to translate better in terms of game performance, AMD processors are usually more powerful overall but I doubt you'll ever put that power to good use in Rimworld even if you play on a 1000 x 1000 map, or gaming in general. I have a 5900X and my usage rarely gets close to 50% in any game.

drjoms

Quote from: Mr. Blues on February 22, 2023, 06:48:18 AMProbably the Intel since they usually offer better single-core performance which tends to translate better in terms of game performance, AMD processors are usually more powerful overall but I doubt you'll ever put that power to good use in Rimworld even if you play on a 1000 x 1000 map, or gaming in general. I have a 5900X and my usage rarely gets close to 50% in any game.
You never had a few hundreds of chickens :D