Caravan doesnt move on the world map

Started by Ruisuki, April 16, 2022, 12:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix? My people are starving so Im forced to use dev mode and teleport each time. Not ideal. Heres a log, I just dont understand how to read whats going on at all
https://gist.github.com/2a20d5c3dd42303e49cb38814371b8ca

Canute

Hi,
i am allways looking for a "patch" text at the errors. And i saw "IsPotentialThreat_Patch0"
Searching for "IsPotentialThreat" at the patch list i found
GenHostility.IsPotentialThreat: TRANS: PerformanceOptimizer.Optimization_FasterGetCompReplacement.Transpiler

So i would point at the PerformanceOptimizer at first.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on April 16, 2022, 01:54:35 AM
Hi,
i am allways looking for a "patch" text at the errors. And i saw "IsPotentialThreat_Patch0"
GenHostility.IsPotentialThreat: TRANS: PerformanceOptimizer.Optimization_FasterGetCompReplacement.Transpiler

Hmmm okay i will try disabling that mod first thing tomorrow and report back if that fixes the error

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on April 16, 2022, 01:54:35 AM
Hi,

so this is what the author said

"Ignore the PerformanceOptimizer.Optimization_FasterGetCompReplacement.Transpiler
it won't cause issues at all, if you in doubt you can disable the faster get comp tweak in the mod settings."
I did as he suggested, and it didnt work. So I then disabled the mod, along with "Almost there" which also deals with caravan speed and the issue yet remains. The only other major mods that might affect this are giddy up and yayos caravan, though the latter is just animating the caravan with an icon of the pawns.

Ruisuki

went through my entire modlist using this. Idk if its worse or not but the caravan is still broken
https://rwom.fandom.com/wiki/Mod_Order_Guide

Canute

I would say, just live with the problems.
Enable developer mode and let the caravan instant reach their destination, if you think they stand long enough at the world.

And for your next playthrough, try to adjust your modlist that you don't have error's at the startup.
Basicly that is all you can do as player.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on April 18, 2022, 03:13:40 AM
I would say, just live with the problems.
Enable developer mode and let the caravan instant reach their destination, if you think they stand long enough at the world.

And for your next playthrough, try to adjust your modlist that you don't have error's at the startup.
Basicly that is all you can do as player.
How do I know this wont just happen on a new save though? I feel like one year into the game is when things fall apart. I downloaded rimpy, all your base, cleared config folder and verified game files. So I want to learn how to make sure this doesnt happen or at least why it does, in case I ever try to play the game again
---
Edit: Im trying out ways to fix this save and while I have just one guy out on caravan as usually hes not moving. I decide to abandon the colony (9 pawns and 9 animals along with the base itself) the second I do my caravan regains movement. What could this mean? a pawn, colony or the map itself was bugged?

ive tried forming a caravan with every one of my colonists and all seem to suffer the same stoppage during caravan and all move exactly when the colony is abandoned. But when I move every single one of my colonists (leaving behind only animals) the game gives me this screen before i can click abandon. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/319678499118120960/965571951601000458/unknown.png

I cannot do anything even reload and im forced to restart the game. Another thing I did notice was a hostile animal having a queud action to attack a pawn named Maike (not mine no idea who that is) and after traveling for a bit disappeared from the map. Im also getting ticking errors to this effect of both Maike, and the animal itself in the logs. Ive looked into using the dev console to remove pawn from world but dont see either of the ticking pawns names there

Ruisuki

Im trying out ways to fix this save and while I have just one guy out on caravan as usually hes not moving. I decide to abandon the colony (9 pawns and 9 animals along with the base itself) the second I do my caravan regains movement. What could this mean? a pawn, colony or the map itself was bugged?

Canute

QuoteHow do I know this wont just happen on a new save though?
With the same mods, highly sure you will soon or later.
Verify files don't realy help's, what can cause trouble sometimes when the author changed the file structure and you got old file left from older releases. And these old file's does the verify files check don't recognize.

As normal player you can't do much, beside not to use a mod that give out error's after activation.
When you encounter during gameplay some errors/problems you mosttimes need to live with them.
That is the risk of using many mods.

QuoteWhat could this mean? a pawn, colony or the map itself was bugged?
When the caravan without him is moving, i would say the pawn made problems.
You need to investigate the pawn closer, maybe it is based on his race,equip,traits,.... and you can't get at this way to the mod.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on April 18, 2022, 07:04:48 AM

QuoteWhat could this mean? a pawn, colony or the map itself was bugged?
When the caravan without him is moving, i would say the pawn made problems.
You need to investigate the pawn closer, maybe it is based on his race,equip,traits,.... and you can't get at this way to the mod.
I just edited my post with new info but, it actually isnt one pawn that had the issue. Ive tried every combo of pawns traveling and all could not do so even individually on their own caravans. It was only after i abandoned my base that all of the caravans began to move

Ruisuki

Remember how you pointed out performance optimizer was a potential issue in the first post canute? Well another one of the authors mods is faction manager, which I suspect is the more likely culprit. As soon as I clicked 'unload' one of the invisible npcs that keeps ticking on the log showed up hostile. I still cant see them but my pawn is shooting at them. So thats progress I guess

Ended up using devmode to destroy them and the colonist that was engaged with them went up to lvl 20 brawling(almost as if it was fighting them the entire time it was ticking).