[1.3.3287] Inappropriate character backstory

Started by dv-segfault, April 28, 2022, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dv-segfault

Not exactly a bug, so I can't use the 1,2,3,4... formatting; but it needs to be reported, and it should be easy to look up and fix:

There is a character backstory (in my most recent game, the character name was Lia Lu):
Childhood: Music Idol
Lu was the only daughter of a powerful company president.  Her beautiful appearance led to a career as a music idol.  When her mother died, ....

The childhood backstory continues, but I will not write it all here.  The rest backstory is in violation of the Ludeon forum "Ludeon community rules", "No sexualization of minors".
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40838.0

I have come across this character more than once in normal game play.  (I do enjoy reading character backstories; they make the game more fun.)  Please remove this particular backstory from the game.  If the character backstory can't be in posted in the forum, it shouldn't be in the game.

Sorry I didn't grab a savefile at the time.

Thank you!

glass zebra

Not an answer but a note: Adult backstories start at 20 years and things happening in the childhood backstory does not mean this had to happen when the character was a minor. As far as I remember the adult backstory for that character is prostitute idol, which is not described in a positive or fetishising way. I always read it as the characters childhood being problematic and leading to issues later on and not a sexualised description. It would be similar as having a childhood backstory where the child suffered through violence, which does not mean that that backstory would promote violence against kids. Your input is understandable though.

Edit: Op is referencing Lia Lu <Title>music idol</Title> which turns into <Title>prostitute idol</Title>. There is also Levin Lossfelt <Title>street child</Title> which mentions prostitution in childhood.

dv-segfault

The problem with is the description in the childhood section of Lia Lu <Title>music idol</Title>, is that it describes the actions as being the child's ideas rather than being the adult's ideas.

As you say, "It would be similar as having a childhood backstory where the child suffered through violence".  Therefore, it should be written as such, and should explicitly say the girl was sexually abused by her father.  The way it was written is very much a fetishising way.