Are they Rimworld official? Or are they impostors?

Started by SilentMug, June 03, 2022, 10:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentMug

According to ludeon's reply, this topic may be regarded as a complaint about pretending to be ludeon / ludeon staff.
The translation is mainly by Google Translate, please allow me to apologize for the quality of the translation in advance
Due to screenshots of original evidence...had to go against LCR-19-English language to some extent
I'm not used to posting on BBS yet.....hope the format is normal

Happened in China, in a discord-like platform - Tencent's QQ

(The red box is the key claim part, see below for the specific text content and semi-manual translation)

Chinese original text of key content
这里是Rimworld官方交流群。「本群由Rimworld官方中文汉化组(边缘汉化组)和百度Rimworld吧务联合组织管理。」
Ps. 本群是拥有Rimworld游戏作者授权的官方群组,不存在盗版游戏本体。

The translation of the version I provide is
This is Rimworld's official communication forum. "This group is jointly organized by RimWorld-zh (Rimworld official Chinese translation team)and "RimWorld ba-administrator" .
Ps. This group is an official forum authorized by the Rimworld game author. There are no pirated games.
(June 09, 2022 renew. . . Google Translate really missed a keyword)

(The term "forum" as used herein refers to all public and private discussion platforms.
The original expression of the original text is "group"(群), which can be understood as a communication platform like Discord)

It should be noted that - ludeon has never used the word "official" to describe the rimworld simplified Chinese translation, either in the rimworld's STEAM store page that says "all non-English translations are provided by fans."(所有非英语翻译均由粉丝提供), or in the rimworld simplified Chinese game main interface "All translations of RimWorld are made by fans of this game" (RimWorld的所有翻译均由本游戏爱好者制作)in .
And ludeon uses ludeon to describe itself, not "Rimworld's official"

---

2 organizations appearing in this statement

-1-Rimworld official Chinese translation team(rimworld-zh 、 边缘汉化组)
https://rimworldzh.huijiwiki.com/wiki/About#
they describe themselves
-"The RimWorld-zh is a translation team constructed by duduluu and Biscuit.
We focus on translating RimWorld vanilla game and mods, including both of Simplified Chinese and Tranditianal Chinese."

rimworld-zh member list (lack of maintenance)

In fact, they use the logos of "边缘汉化组" and "rimworld-zh" in the STEAM workshop. In theory all uploaders using these logos are "highly likely" to be members of rimworld-zh

-2-"RimWorld ba-administrator"

People who manage baidu tieba (reddit in China) rimworlod ba.
https://tieba.baidu.com/f?ie=utf-8&kw=rimworld&fr=search

"RimWorld ba-administrator" 2019ver
Screenshot source -
https://weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404327748549128638
The red boxes are marked by the original screenshotters

---

And their names are in rimworld's credits

Red box - red marker for "RimWorld ba-administrator" 2019ver
Blue Box- Founder of rimworld-zh
Yellow box - both "RimWorld ba-administrator" 2019ver and rimworld-zh member list (lack of maintenance)
pink box - only rimworld-zh member list  (lack of maintenance)
Orange Box - only  "RimWorld ba-administrator" 2019ver

Also, this is just a preliminary identification.... the actual personnel may be more
And "RimWorld ba-administrator" has a 2022 version (but many people's nicknames have changed, do not confirm the situation)

glass zebra

People really like to use the word "official" when they are known by x amount of people or just to make them sound more important. I guess it's for Ludeon to decide though if this is posing as anything Ludeon or just as "fans" and creators of the translation.

A lot of these names are written as credit in the Chinese LanguageInfo.xml though, so they are probably really the people who made the Rimworld Chinese translation. (The "official" fan translation)

SilentMug

Quote from: glass zebra on June 06, 2022, 02:54:35 PM
People really like to use the word "official" when they are known by x amount of people or just to make them sound more important. I guess it's for Ludeon to decide though if this is posing as anything Ludeon or just as "fans" and creators of the translation.

A lot of these names are written as credit in the Chinese LanguageInfo.xml though, so they are probably really the people who made the Rimworld Chinese translation. (The "official" fan translation)

First of all thank you for your reply... this question really only Ludeon can answer.
they do provide translations for rimworld... i think it should be true
as well as. . . Thanks for your reply I finally understand what's wrong with my description

The Chinese translation of rimworld has 2 identity descriptions in this statement
1- They are the Rimworld "official" Chinese translation team
2- They run a "rimworld official forum" authorized by the rimworld game author (Tynan), in other words they are "rimworld official forum administrators"

But, about the part about "they are official rimworld forum administrators"... I messed up the translation
And I didn't post the "unofficial reply" from Tynan himself

SilentMug

ok, i realize what's the problem

The Chinese translation of rimworld has 2 identity descriptions in this statement
1- They are the Rimworld "official" Chinese translation team
2- They operate a "rimworld official forum" authorized by the rimworld game author (Tainan), in other words they are "rimworld official forum administrators"

However, regarding them running an "official rimworld forum" authorized by the author of the rimworld game (Tynan)...this is inconsistent with Tynan's description

In the past, I tried to report some "bad things" done by the Chinese translation of rimworld through LCR-12
So I PM Tynan
(Excerpt from private message)
Rule 12 in the Ludeon Community Rules describes "If a mod is enforcing rules inconsistently with what's written here, that's a violation that can be report directly to Tynan."
I hope to report some of these behaviors to you...but I will not confirm whether the notification object applies to this rule...
So, does the mainstream public platform established by the translators who work on the "rimworld" game body under your authorization (and they CLAIM to HAVE a good relationship with you-the game producer) to discuss "rimworld" apply the Ludeon community rules?

After that, Tynan replied to me

(Sorry Tainan, I know it's rude to publish PM content privately...but this matter is really serious. I have to confirm whether the Chinese translation of rimworld is "rimworld official staff"...)
(And, I didn't realize at the time that the rimworld Chinese translation claimed to be the "admin of the official rimworld forum")
Although, "the mainstream public platform established by the translators who work on the "rimworld" game body under your authorization" does not refer to the "rimworld official forum" stated in this statement... although to a certain extent this ambiguity The description also applies to this "rimworld official forum"
But to a certain extent, Tynan's reply clarifies the scope that currently applies to the LCR - just our own forums, reddit, and discord.

Considering the scope of the LCR: These rules apply to all official parts of the RimWorld community
And the Chinese translation of rimworld once rumored that a game code similar to rimworld copied rimworld and was found out... (But after that, the source code of this game was leaked to the Chinese Internet and reported on a large scale by the Chinese game media.... .. a rimworld Chinese translator is suspected of being involved.)
I suspect that the rimworld Chinese translation's claim to be authorized by the rimworld game author to operate a rimworld official forum is a lie