Room Powerup on Entry or Use

Started by charkesd, April 24, 2022, 03:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charkesd

Specifically the idea came to mind when doing a few different rooms for hospital beds, having the room power up when a colonist was put into the hospital bed - Maybe this could tie into the Vitals Monitor? I can of course set flickers at different locations to achieve the same result but this is honestly a little of an eyesore not to mention tedious; in the act of flicking, making sure everything is connected to the power cables correctly, and the extra amount of powerlines outside of walls which is again just visually weird looking.

Would be really neat if the vitals monitor would somehow turn on and off all objects in the same room, or a small radius , maybe just a heater and a lamp?

"You may connect one standing lamp and one heater to this vitals monitor."

=)

a just straight up auto flicker thing that senses when someone enters a room/radius and powers anything connected on and off would be great but i would imagine that sort of thing has a lot of implications

whatdoyouknow

There is a mod similar to what youve explained but not exactly. Instead of powering up worktables when within a certain radius, it would turn them off until a pawn is using them. But it also would turn off lights in empty rooms and turn them on when a pawn enters.

For heaters though, i think you would have to manually turn those off.

The mod is "LightsOut" on steam (unfortunately i dont think there is a Ludeon or Github release).

Hope this helps somewhat.