Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• September 24, 2022, 10:32:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Linux mouse bug ignored for over a year  (Read 251 times)

henk

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Linux mouse bug ignored for over a year
« on: August 29, 2022, 04:48:16 PM »

The linux mouse bug that has been reported quite long ago, and was never fixed.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=55846

"It is being looked into" from a year ago is not acceptable towards the players who bought a linux-compatible game, and then got the compatibility removed due to Ludeon refusing to fix bugs that they introduced during updated.
The bug has been reported many times, on many different platforms, and yet the focus is only where the money is, so old players are being ignored and disrespected.
At least have the honesty to admit that the bug is *not* being looked into, it will be a more satisfying answer.

steve_v

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: Linux mouse bug ignored for over a year
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 03:18:09 AM »

"It is being looked into" from a year ago is not acceptable towards the players who bought a linux-compatible game, and then got the compatibility removed due to Ludeon refusing to fix bugs that they introduced during updated.
Indeed.
Latest news I can find is is: "Fixed in steam unstable branch" *thread locked* ...And yet it's still not actually fixed, because apparently testing is hard. What a joke.

This is pathetic Ludeon, absolutely pathetic. Wake me up when you fix your regressions, I might even be willing to pay money for your game.
Until then I'm avoiding anything made with Unity, as in my experience it's just shorthand for "Too cheap to use a real game engine, can't be bothered with testing or performance profiling, thinks supporting a new platform means clicking "build" and hoping for the best."
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 03:21:48 AM by steve_v »

Pangaea

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 01:25:03 AM »

I have the same problem, and it's pretty annoying. It is especially noticeable on tabs with a lot of information, such as the Numbers tab (from a mod). Hover over a weapon or apparel, and it often doesn't update right. Can't something be done about this? This bug didn't exist last time I played on 1.0, so it has been introduced one way or another in the meantime.

henk

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 12:58:20 PM »

I have the same problem, and it's pretty annoying. It is especially noticeable on tabs with a lot of information, such as the Numbers tab (from a mod). Hover over a weapon or apparel, and it often doesn't update right. Can't something be done about this? This bug didn't exist last time I played on 1.0, so it has been introduced one way or another in the meantime.

The bug was introduced during the update from 1.2 to 1.3.
Apparently this bug affects all kind of distros, apparently (from something I read here, if I remember properly) it even happens on windows as a user found out here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=55714.msg493152#msg493152
The bug has been reported many times, supposedly communicated to the devs many times, and as such has been consciously ignored many times. But they just said "fixed" after a year, so I guess we can start accepting the fact that they couldn't care less about linux players.

Kopp

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 08:11:52 PM »

It seems that the last closed/answered thread in the bug reporting forum was closed on March 02, more than half a year ago.
I stopped reporting bugs because obviously no one cares.