Space refugees

Started by Clayton, August 21, 2014, 05:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clayton

Space refugees should automatically join your colony; you shouldn't have to arrest/capture them to get them to join. They're in the same situation as you, why would you have to capture them in order for them to join?

Roundsquare

It could be considered that in the case of crashed refugees (I assume this is what you are talking about) the warden is not really “recruiting” them, rather he is helping them get over the trauma of the crash

Going to sleep in a ship heading for a well-populated world and waking up injured in some cave in the middle of nowhere can be quite the shock,  some amount of emotional stabilization needs to happen before the individual can be trusted not to do anything… extreme.

Clayton

I don't know, it's just a little offsetting that the only way to get new members is to imprison them or buy them as slaves.

Oh, and the incredibly rare chance that an event will dictate someone joining.

James009

Quote from: Clayton on August 21, 2014, 05:24:12 PM
I don't know, it's just a little offsetting that the only way to get new members is to imprison them or buy them as slaves.

Oh, and the incredibly rare chance that an event will dictate someone joining.
I agree. Its really hard to recruit new people since everyone is either hostile or a member of a friendly faction. And with the new medical system capturing people (alive) is even more dangerous for both parties.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!