[1.4.3510] Insects may not be considered hostile; colonists dont defend themself

Started by Kopp, October 09, 2022, 03:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kopp

1. Circumstances
RW1.4.3510 + Ideology & Royalty. Have a infestations where the insects are sleeping right now.

2. What happened
The insects attack my colonists but they dont fight back. Insects are not considered hostile.

3. What I expect
My colonists should fight back if getting attacked.

4. Steps to reproduce
I am using the ingame debug inspector to check if a insect has a wokeUpTick.

Have a infestation where the insects are asleep.
Have a drafted colonist ("colonist B") which is close to the insects.
Have a drafted colonist ("colonist A") which is shooting one shot at one of the insects ("target") but the shot misses (and does not hit a hive/insect).
Now insects close to the target will wake up but will still be dormant (dont have a wokeUpTick)
It may happen that one of the awoken insects attack colonist B (and/or A) but colonist B/A is not fighting back.
If you tell colonist B to melee attack the insect which is hitting colonist B more insects will wake up.
Some of them (all?) may still be dormant (no wokeUpTick) but they go for colonist B to attack it.

5. Savegame
I followed the steps described above to create the savegame.
Load the save.
Colonist A (Adams) should miss its hit (if not, load again)
Then colonist B (Takeru) (and colonist A) should get attacked by insects and dont fight back (if not, load again)
Draft/Undraft colonist A so it will not shoot again and deactivate "fire at will". (not really necessary but more easy to see what is going on)
Maybe tell colonist B to melee attack the insect which is attacking it.
Then more insects will wake up and attack colonist B while still being dormant (no wokeUpTick).

6. Log File
No errors regarding the insect problem.

Tell me if you need any more info...

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug report, I was able to reproduce this with your save, reproducing it on my own would take a lot of time. I will submit a bug report based upon your provided save to the devs! Thanks for the helpful report.