I want to make Robocop

Started by TheSpiderwolf, August 21, 2014, 11:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSpiderwolf

With organ transplanting and prosthetic limbs coming soon I want to take the opportunity to crank it up to 11. I want to make Robocop. Okay, I know it sounds silly but bear with me. The first step would be adding a new item to research, for this explanation I'm going to refer to said item as "The Robocopinator". The use of The Robocopinator would be repairing broken (Multiple limbs/Organs/Body-parts destroyed or in critical condition) people. When someone meets this criteria and you have constructed The Robocopinator (and hopefully have a capable doctor) you would be given the option to "Reconstruct -Name Here-", once selected a colonist will haul the person into to and place them upon/in The Robocopinator. Once placed inside Th- You know what? Screw that name, it's stupid. Once placed inside The Human Reconstruction Unit (H.R.U) they would be sustained (kept alive) as long as the H.R.U is powered. The next step would be acquiring the necessary replacement organs (Not limbs, that's what the machine is for.). After you have all the pieces Reconstruction can commence (As long as you have both a colonist with a high enough Medicine Skill.)! As i'm unsure of how organ transplanting will work in Rimworld I won't delve into that part of the process.

Okay, I'm going to leave it at that for now. I have a bunch more ideas on how it would work but first I would like some criticism (Good, Bad, F!@&*ing Terrible, etc..). If people like the idea I would love to think through the finer details.

Shinzy

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology."

StorymasterQ

I swore that came from Six Million Dollar Man. Didn't it?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Lazarus

Just to keep you tied over till you get what you want http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

You should have a look at the mods some times might find something else to play with too :)
Poke poke, stab stab.

RawCode

A7 likely to feature "i never asked for this" by default ever without any suggestions.

and change log looks like:
"it will be possible to set bonuses-penalties for all equipment"

so expect "robotic finger +10 to melee damage"

Lazarus

Quote from: RawCode on August 22, 2014, 07:49:10 AM
A7 likely to feature "i never asked for this" by default ever without any suggestions.

and change log looks like:
"it will be possible to set bonuses-penalties for all equipment"

so expect "robotic finger +10 to melee damage"

Feels like this is moving into Warhammer territory soon... :D
Poke poke, stab stab.

RawCode

Everything sci-fi go warhammer over time, this unavoidable.

Cyclops

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Roundsquare

Quote from: Cyclops on August 22, 2014, 03:52:02 PM
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

KHORNE FLAKES!

Ah… I can see it now… red-ish beef-based KORNE FLAKES! Soaking in smooth and spicy chocolate and chili WARP MILK!

Protein-rich breakfast with the true taste of POWER!!!

James009

Quote from: RawCode on August 22, 2014, 11:19:06 AM
Everything sci-fi go warhammer over time, this unavoidable.
Wait, I thought everything went to Star Wars or Star Trek over-time?
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Cyclops

No, no. Everything gets more and more grimdark over time. Such is Sci-fi.

Bruvvy