[1.4.3523 (64-bit)] Temperature Genes Don't Affect the "Slept in the cold" Mood

Started by soosgjr, October 22, 2022, 12:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soosgjr

• Created a pawn with a xenotype that has multiple minimum comfortable temperature genes and had him sleep outside along with a couple baseline pawns. I was using the latest version of the game available on GOG with all three DLCs installed.
  • The xeno pawn developed the "Slept in the cold" mood seemingly at the same temperature as the baseline pawns.
  • I expected the xeno pawn to tolerate lower temperatures than the baseline ones before getting cold in their sleep. Don't know if this is by design or not.

• Start a new colony.
    • Select a landing spot where the temperature at night goes just a bit below 16 Celsius, but not much lower.
    • Create a xenotype with temperature-related genes (I used cold super-tolerant, furskin, furry tail) and apply it to one of the starting pawns.
    • After landing, strip the pawns of their clothes, just to confirm their "naked" cold tolerance.
    • Wait until night and observe the pawns developing the cold mood in their sleep roughly at the same time and temperature.
  • The save file is available at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lWEDAiKsLUVoUWRW8xZxN1Hw48v-0Ly_
  • The log file is in the some Google Drive folder as the save.