Steam prices according to GDP

Started by SarahJ, October 22, 2022, 03:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SarahJ

Greetings! Could someone tell me if Biotech's regional prices are determined by Valve or Ludeon? Or both?

I'm from Brazil, and I don't think it's fair to charge us for SIX times the price in Argentina.
Their GDP is much higher than ours, their HDI is much better than ours...

Even their soccer team is better than ours.  :'(

But seriously, is this an oversight?
Edit: Seems like the price in Turkey is also similarly waaaay lower. What gives?

AckYeeoo

Ark

SarahJ

Quote from: Ark on October 23, 2022, 06:13:45 AM
Blame Steam's recommended prices. Tynan fixed some of them, but he can't know the economic situation of every country.
Maybe he'll adjust them more next week.
https://old.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/y9umjh/rimworld_biotech_expansion_available_now/it7lj65/
https://old.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/y9v7fh/price_of_biotech_is_7_times_more_expensive_than/it7r1ih/

Thanks for the links! That explains a little, but still seems a little too much.
For instance, FIFA 22 costs 25% more in Brazil than Argentina. Resident Evil 4 (the new remake) costs 19% more here. Elden Ring, 12% more.

Biotech costs 82.66% more!

I really hope Tynan can do something for us, as apparently he did for so many other countries.

Alenerel

Adding to this, while I dont mind paying the full price of the DLCs, it might take some people back wanting to buy the game and seeing the game+DLCs for almost 90€. Im not sure how to fix this.

An idea would be merging Royalty and Ideology, since Royalty pretty much adds only psycasts, so anyone that liked the base game and wanted to expand the gameplay, Royalty wouldnt give him much.

But there are those people that think that has to buy the game and all the DLCs before playing. If I saw a game like this for the first time for that price, I might have passed on it.
For this one, maybe reducing the game price might help. People would be more likely to buy the base game, and once they are hooked, they would be more likely to buy the DLCs, rather than get scared at the full price and not buying anything.

yianisa

Price setting usually depends on your country. Sometimes you might get a lower price if you are from a third-world country.

TheSilverMiner

You don't want to talk about Turkey, its damn rough here, lets say Rimworld is for %29:00 Dollar, well here its 566,84 here, the normal price of rimworld is 294.00 TL, if you include the bundle well its 776:00 TL.

Note: If you have the game and you buy the bundle, its 527.00 TL.

To be honest, no one in turkey cannot buy games unless they have a good job or a good wage, every game starts from hundered or thousand, Life here is hard.