Can i attack an aggresive animal ?

Started by chomwitt, October 22, 2022, 04:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chomwitt

In my first days a mouse gone mad started chasing one of my colony's member.
The chase lasted one game hour during which the characted wasnt attacking the mouse
although she was caring a ranged gun with which she was hunting previously .
So how should i interpret this ? There are events out of my control and i only can see them unfold ?
Is there sth i could do to save her ?

Eventually she was wounded heavily. I gave an order to another member to go rescue her.
(i wonder if that could be done without my intervention). The other member carryed the
wounded woman and brought her to her bed and then..... he slept!! (i wanted to order him
to use a medical kit).

So that litte episode made me wonder , what sould be my expectations in situations like that ?
How could i know where i can or cant intervene ?

Ark

You have done the tutorial and read the learning helper notes?
As long as your colonist isn't incapacitated or having a mental break, you can select the colonist, right-click on things to priorize actions or you can draft them to make them move, shoot or melee for example. Expect them to do dumb stuff unsupervised.
My recommendation is that you watch some tutorials / let's plays on Youtube to get some idea on how the game works.

Grubfist

In addition to directly managing colonists with Drafting, you can change the default behavior for how colonists react to nearby threats when un-drafted in the Assign menu. By default, they are set to flee. Here is a screenshot.

chomwitt

Quote from: Ark on October 23, 2022, 06:21:19 AM
You have done the tutorial and read the learning helper notes?
As long as your colonist isn't incapacitated or having a mental break, you can select the colonist, right-click on things to priorize actions or you can draft them to make them move, shoot or melee for example. Expect them to do dumb stuff unsupervised.
My recommendation is that you watch some tutorials / let's plays on Youtube to get some idea on how the game works.

I've completed the tutorial today and i used the draft command. Very handy ! Thanks.

chomwitt

@Grubfist thanks for the tip. I'll try it.