Why I love the new injury system

Started by caba111, August 16, 2014, 04:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spare74

Same, I had a bunch of visitor and they started "helping" me against a squirrel : they killed one of my dude and shot off the leg of the other one ...
-> reset the run x)

ShootyFace

Quote from: murlocdummy on August 21, 2014, 02:55:07 AM
Quote from: ShootyFace on August 20, 2014, 09:30:22 PM
Oh man, I love this! Great job, caba111. While stuff like this does kinda suck, it adds so much realism to the game. Accidents happen, right? Hope you find more interesting events and things to illustrate from the game.

It's interesting and adds realism, but does it make the game more enjoyable?

That's debatable, but these sorts of games are all about managing highly intermingled systems in order to survive and thrive in a chaotic, brutally violent world. Like trying to build a house of cards with a hurricane looming. While not particularly enjoyable, these sorts of unscripted events help to define a colony, and add to the overall story. I find myself doing the same thing most games, and what keeps me playing is the emergent gameplay and random events just like this. Sometimes one simple oversight or bit of bad luck can ruin a colony, and that I am afraid is the hook with these dorflikes.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

gekkobear

Quote from: Splinterbee on August 17, 2014, 11:06:14 AM
Rimworld: where your leg can be torn off by a pebble yet you can survive an arrow in the face... Lol I LOVE IT  :D

Well he's alive... but he was shot up pretty bad.

He took 2 gunshot wounds to the heart, and had his left lung blown out.
Luckily there was a bed nearby, and an incompetent medic gave him poor care with no medical supplies; so it looks like he'll pull through.

No, seriously I had a guy who had his lung removed by gunfire... he survived.  If you can call that surviving.

gekkobear

My best "visitors" so far... while using the "colonist only" door mod on my inside base (they can enter my killing area, fields, etc... but not indoors where I keep meals.  If you want to eat, go home or bring your own food ya danged moochers).

Had a visitor get jumped by a squirrel; they took him down (with some FF)... then the guy who got jumped had a mental break. 
The other 2 gunned him down, but then they had "broken thoughts" they didn't attack, but wandered dazed until they starved to death.

3 weapons, 1 armored vets, 2 sets of powered armor.  And no faction change from those 3 not returning. 
I didn't lay a hand on them. 
Hmm, M16, Uzi, and an Incendiary launcher; or the 3 pistols we're using now?  Naked or power armor... decisions, decisions. :P

Cyclops

Pff Amateur. I walled off 20 visitors to prevent them from returning. They all went crazy and killed eachother inside the walls. Enough clothes and weapons to last me a lifetime

EmmaWayne

Quote from: Cyclops on August 21, 2014, 06:26:12 PM
Pff Amateur. I walled off 20 visitors to prevent them from returning. They all went crazy and killed eachother inside the walls. Enough clothes and weapons to last me a lifetime

yep :D same here^^

uuh nice gun/cloth/hat "walled"
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

HatesYourFace

Ever wondered who would win in a deadly death match to the death under the new damage system; A Boomrat or a Muffalo? The answer may surprise you...

The Boomrat.

The Muffalo.

If they were taking bets on this fight, I know I would'ave lost my money...Lol. (On an interesting side note, neither one was starving or psychotic, I have no idea what prompted the fight.)
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Bodog999

Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 19, 2014, 08:16:21 PM
Quote from: Cyclops on August 19, 2014, 07:21:15 PM
Speaking of prostethics, we will be getting bionics as well, right? Namely, bionic eyes perhaps? So I can find a Commisar who had his eye shot off, replace it with a bionic one and call him Commisar Yarrick. Yes. My new Rimworld-related dream has been realized!
Bionic eyes, powerclaws, tanks and snow. He doesnt even mention the giant mech in the background xD
40k Fans unite! Commisar Yarrick was the hardest I.G. unit in the game, During one game where I was playing I.G. (I play I.G. and Tau mostly) I saw him flip an Ork trukk in CC with his claw, slaughter said Orks inside trukk, then sweeping advance (This was 3rd edition) into another trukk and immobilize it, he then spent two turns killing that squad of Orks after they disembarked. He also won 1v1 against a Striking Scorpion exarch in CC in a different game, Then mopped up the remaining Striking scorpions with the help of two Sentinels. Friggin' love Yarrick. <3

Do want in RimWorld: Bionic eye that shoots lasers. Also, Powerclaws.

Also, Also, Tanks.

...And snow!