transhumanist in RimWorld is bit strange?

Started by doejohndoe, October 26, 2022, 01:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doejohndoe

Hello tynan and all.

This is my first post.
Transhumanists in RimWorld are happy to wear wooden prosthetic hands and wooden prosthetic legs. But I see this is odd. It seems wrong to me that they would be happy to be replaced by wooden parts that are inferior to their pure parts, instead of being happy that they have been replaced by enhanced parts.  This situation is bit different from mood messages of transhumanist like "Machine body is complete".
Because they obviously don't have any machine parts.

What do you think?
Sorry my poor English.
I also apologize If this topic was already discussed well.

Liwet

It might not be perfect but it's a step in the right direction to have their body replaced with prosthetic parts.  If they have wooden parts, those parts can eventually be upgraded to something better.

Ukas

Quote from: Liwet on February 13, 2023, 10:10:04 PMIt might not be perfect but it's a step in the right direction to have their body replaced with prosthetic parts.  If they have wooden parts, those parts can eventually be upgraded to something better.

Doesn't really hold water, as original parts, which function better than wooden hands and legs, can also be replaced anytime with available enhancements which are actually better than then the original parts. No transhumanist aspiring to have a machine body would be happy with a primitive wooden leg or a wooden hand, only perhaps a fetishist would find that exciting.

Stellan72

Yeah, imo that's an exploit and it's a bit disappointing that Ludeon never patched it