Steam Deck Resolution Issues When Docked

Started by Asame, November 25, 2022, 09:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asame

I've been playing Rimworld on the Steam Deck and it has been working great so far. However I recently tried to play it while docked and connected to an external TV and am having issues with forced resolution to 1280x720 (720p). This has been difficult to debug due to the Steam Deck's Gaming Mode which does some stuff automatically regarding resolution (???).

Attached is my External Display monitor settings as shown in Desktop Mode.

While in Desktop Mode, I have tried deleting the pref file and running the game. It seems in Full Screen it will have the forced 720p resolution. While still running in Desktop Mode, I was able to switch it to windowed and set the proper size, 1920x1080. I would need Borderless Window for it to fully fit in Desktop Mode, but at least the resolution was set. At this point, restarting the game in Gaming Mode will retain that resolution apparently, but the cursor seems to be locked down to a 1280x720 region (I can't even move the mouse over to the 'Settings' button to verify resolution).

I also verified the Steam settings have external display as the appropriate resolution.