Code-Request: Allow for multiple ThingDefs in "ThingRequest"

Started by Syrus, January 01, 2023, 04:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrus

Once again I'm at a loss where else to post this, and this is surely not a bug...just a request.

Short version:
Please allow for multiple ThingDefs in the ThingRequest-struct, instead of just one.

Long version:
I'm adding multiple versions of a building, which has a job associated with it, to the game via a mod.
The WorkGiver for that job checks via the PotentialWorkThingRequest-property, which is a ThingRequest, whether any defs exist which are valid for the job. The problem is, ThingRequest only allows for one ThingDef or a ThingRequestGroup, which is an enum and therefore can't be extended (easily?). If the struct checked a list instead (or as well), it would allow for multiple ThingDefs, which can come in handy for things like I intend to do.

To be precise, I want to add differently sized versions of the Biosculpter Pod and Neural Supercharger, but for Biosculpter Pod the WorkGiver_HaulToBiosculpterPod can only check for the original def (not yet sure how I can work around that) and for the Neural Supercharger JobGiver_GetNeuralSupercharge.ClosestSupercharger can also only check for the original def (fairly easy to fix).

Unless I'm missing something obvious of how else this can be achieved?