A question about Friday's changelog post for Tynan.

Started by Ramsis, August 22, 2014, 02:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien Hart

Rather than just bone apparel, which would at best be slightly higher than tribal gear, I'd love it if we could adorn existing apparel with bones.

Like a jacket/duster with skull pauldrons, or an armour vest with a human ribcage on the front. Power armour with skeletal arms arrayed behind it like a fan (similar to cannibal leaders in The Forest) would be awesome, though maybe a stretch given that you can't see actual arms...

Coenmcj

Quote from: Tynan on August 23, 2014, 06:04:03 PM
Quote from: putsam on August 23, 2014, 05:03:51 PM
Does this mean I will never need to repair my colony walls again.

I can't wait to wall myself in with all the strawberries I have. I don't think there is anything more demoralizing then moldy strawberries.

lol, it doesn't mean you can literally build anything out of anything.  Sorry :p

You're saying it wouldn't be a grand story telling experience to build your walls from the bodies of the fallen?

An entire base made entirely from the corpses of those that once attacked you, Raiders literally blasting through walls of their dead brethren to get at the armed to the teeth colonists inside, who promptly kill them and expand their colony with the freshly harvested corpses

Oh god, I'm letting my evil side show, You saw nothing. NOTHING!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Cyclops

Quote from: Shinzy on August 24, 2014, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: milon on August 24, 2014, 03:59:27 PM
And we need a use for those plentiful skeletons.  I hate burning things that can be put to use.  Bone crafting FTW!  (I bet tribals would LOVE to buy them!)

..I wouldn't mind skull throne either

Tynan should make that a special event/easter egg where a psychopath gets a "strange mood" and makes a skull throne...

... and then opens a warp rift causing the entire planet to fall to Chaos and that colonist to be ascended into daemonhood. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Amaror

Quote from: Cyclops on August 25, 2014, 03:16:22 AM
Tynan should make that a special event/easter egg where a psychopath gets a "strange mood" and makes a skull throne...

... and then opens a warp rift causing the entire planet to fall to Chaos and that colonist to be ascended into daemonhood. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Well, Gods, cults and religion was one of the modules Tynan was planning, hehehe.

JonoRig

I was always one more for Tzeentch then Khorne; but skull thrones could be fun...

Untrustedlife

Oh my god yes, Tynan, I love the direction your going in!

Bone thrones need to happen!
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK