[1.3-1.4] Weapons Dominator

Started by seeki, January 28, 2023, 10:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seeki

I have released Weapons Dominator which I have been working on with passion.This is a dream mod to control weapons at will.

Video Commentary
https://www.youtube.com/embed/0HiMS7eEWYY

Steam WorkShop Download
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2924743301

Overview
Weapons Dominator is a high spec managed mod that lends players the power to dominate any weapon. The following dream features are available with no expertise required.
  • Colonists monopolize powerful weapons and do not let the enemy use them.
  • Unlock exclusive weapons locked for the HAR race only.
  • Display the DPS of all weapons and visualize the relationship between weapon and weapon's strength.
  • Adjust the performance of any weapon as easily as adjusting the volume of a speaker, and the weapon's DPS can be super-enhanced by a factor of about 100.

An example of usage.
  • Enjoy playing the strongest hero by remaking your favorite weapon into the ultimate weapon that only you can use.
  • Solves the dilemma of wanting to introduce a new weapon in a mod, but I don't like the fact that if I introduce it, the enemy will also use the new weapon.
  • Regulate only the doomsday rocket.
  • Correct mods that have great art but unbalanced performance to a reasonable value.
  • Bring up weak weapons that are not an option to realistic performance and make them more atmosphere oriented.
  • A compact workshop is maintained by integrating a large number of dedicated workbenches, each of which must be installed in the workshop, into the vanilla workshop.

Advantages
High customizability .
  • The strength of all weapons can be adjusted at will.

High flexibility
  • Compatible with both Ver. 1.3 and 1.4, and can be applied to existing saved data.
  • Changes are applied immediately and do not require a restart.
  • Changes can also be made during gameplay after loading saved data.

High scalability
  • Mods can add many weapons and automatically adapt to them.

High visibility
  • DPS is independently calculated and displayed based on the damage calculation process.
  • This allows the user to understand the strength/weakness relationship between weapons, and also serves as an indicator for adjustments, as enhancements are reflected in DPS on the fly.
  • The mods are sorted by mod group, so you can analyze which mods are the strongest.

High cost-effectiveness
  • Cost is only a click away.
  • This mod works via Steam WorkShop.
  • If you are impressed by this mod, you can treat the author to coffee as an option.

Screenshot

Features Details.
Monopolize
This equipment is monopolized by the player faction and prohibited from being supplied to the enemy.
Rule 1: Can be applied while playing the game, but will not steal from enemies already spawned on the map.
Rule 2: Monopolized equipment disappears from the market and is prohibited from trading.
Rule 3: Only usage rights can be taken from this item. Research must be completed if manufacturing requires research.
Rule 4: As an exception, monopoly equipment, unless absolutely impossible to manufacture, can be sold at a high price only by orbital combat supplier. Available from research without going through manufacturing.
Rule 5: Enemies are allowed to capture and equip even exclusive equipment.

Unlock
Unlock the HAR race-specific and make it general equipment.
Rule 1: Equipment that can be equipped by anyone from the beginning but can only be manufactured on a dedicated production table can be targeted.
Rule 2: Only if this can only be manufactured on a dedicated production table can it be manufactured on any of the vanilla production tables.
Rule 3: It is not released until research is required for production.
Rule 4: If the research required to produce this is exclusive to the HAR species, it will be unlocked for anyone to research, including prerequisite research.
Rule 5: If your colonist is of the HAR race who can only equip exclusive equipment, he remains unable to equip this unlocked weapon.
Rule 6: If the HAR race you unlocked this weapon to is set to only equip optimized equipment, they can still continue to equip this weapon.

Power factor from 0.5x to 10x
Adjust the attack power of this weapon by n times. The larger the number, the more powerful.
Ranged weapons only increase in power when shooting and do not change in power in melee combat.
If it is a poison bullet or poison gas using standard poisons, the toxicity is raised at the same time.
Weapons with selectable bullets cannot be changed because they do not have power information.
This item may have no effect on special weapons.

Interval factor 2.0x to 0.1x
Adjust the attack interval of this weapon by n times. The smaller the number, the faster.

Warning: Maximizing the Power factor and Interval factor turns even crude weapons into the ultimate killing weapons.

Range factor 0.5x to 2.0x
Adjust the range of this gun by n times.
If the range exceeds the width or height of the map, the range circle is no longer depicted, but the extended range is still valid.
Effective only with ranged weapons.

Acknowledgements
I would like to sincerely thank the following people for their help

Promotional Video
Mr. idatenz

Technical Assistance
Mr.ryouta, Mr. Kaitorisenkou, Mr. yrtwof.

Material provided by
Sound Effect Lab, The Matchmakers, OtoLogic , Koura.

NOTICE
Redistribution of this mod is prohibited.

License
Modpack makers are not allowed to include this mod in their modpacks.
I welcome other modders to create derivative mods based on this mod.

FAQ
Q: Can't the hit accuracy be changed?
A: The hit accuracy will remain unchanged because we want to preserve the individuality of the weapon. The same reason why the range is capped at 2x.
Please increase the rate of fire to compensate for the low hit accuracy.

Q: Can the penetration be changed?
A: It depends on the weapon. In some cases the penetration is a fixed value (charge rifle) and in others it is calculated based on the power (charge lance), and the former is not changed.
However, this is a minor issue since even the former can be lethal if the power is increased.

Q: What happens if I increase the Power factor of the weapon that has no power?
A: The negative status granting effect is enhanced. If it is a poison, the toxicity will be enhanced, and if it is an EMP, the stopping time will be extended.
However, in some cases this is a fixed value and in other cases it is calculated based on the power of the weapon, and in the former case it is not enhanced. As far as I have been able to find, I have not been able to find any samples of the former.

Q: I unlocked an item but cannot equip it.
A: This mod do not take care of HAR races that can only equip exclusive equipment.
This is a HAR racing personality and outside the scope of what this mod should follow.

Q: I found a bug.
A: If you include HugsLib log with Rimworld version and bug conditions, I will investigate the cause of the bug.

Q: Is it Combat Extended compatible?  
A: No, it is synonymous with a complete rebuild and will not be supported.
I do not like rude people who post "CE Plz" without technical documentation URL for CE and without donation.
I interpret such rude posts as "Please ban me from your mod".