Size of visitors groups etc

Started by Hiztaar, August 22, 2014, 11:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiztaar

I play usualy in Randy Random. I see a quite violent increase of the difficulty with groups 3 to 4 times larger than my colony with 100% sized groups after 30 days.

It's not a problem that groups can be very large. But it's problem when they are always so large. I mean after one year, groups are so huge that my game almost crash. I run it on an Alienware M18X and I think there is quite a problem. I guess, groups should be randomly sized between 1 and "maximum depending on the colony wealth" and visitors should come in small sized groups. Not hordes. I got 3 groups in 2 minuts and the game just go crazy laggy. I spend my time in dev mode trying to "destroy" each visitor one by one or else they will just come in my colony, go crazy and kill at each others creating huge death fields...

Plus, if visitors are supposed to interact with the colony soon, huge groups are not possible. Maybe a trade route or a travel route can make visitors arrive by very small group within a very short range of time, it would be really better. If we can feed them (if they pay for it) and rent some beds, they should be happy and leave peacefuly. At last !
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Tynan

Yeah, it's a problem. I'll be addressing it for Alpha 7.

Gonna move this to General, since it's not really related to testing.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog