4th Survivor

Started by Pendryn, August 23, 2014, 03:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pendryn

With the implementation of the expansive health system, it might not be the worst idea to add a default 4th to the starting gang. Doesn't even need to have a gun. I'm just noticing, and maybe I am alone here, but I tend to suffer a large number of eye wounds. And when those start mounting up, my firing accuracy goes way down. So having a 4th to fall back on when someone else cant quite make the punch seems like a decent idea.

Or maybe the eye thing is just my bad luck. I dunno, I feel like I need a dedicated doctor on staff from the get go and that cuts into my gathering and such.

Also a building collapsed on one of my colonists and crushed his eyes. I mean. No. Is it just me?

I'm out.
Reticulating all the splines.

Bruvvy

RawCode

it will be nice to spawn 4-5 colonists but 1-2 should be severely wounded right from the beginning and player should decide - try to save them or let them die.

it will be logical since colonists are crash landing.

Col_Jessep

Quote from: RawCode on August 24, 2014, 12:24:40 AM
it will be nice to spawn 4-5 colonists but 1-2 should be severely wounded right from the beginning and player should decide - try to save them or let them die.

it will be logical since colonists are crash landing.
That is a fantastic idea! You pick your 3 colonists but the game adds 2 random ones. They should be at least be capable of some light work though. (Not blind or legs missing.)

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

RawCode

probably blind\legs missing will be option when game will provide ability to actually heal them.

currently such wounds just punishing dice roll.

Bruvvy

Numar

If it's possible to add more starting colonists by mods, it should be a simple option given by the vanilla game itself. Like how many colonists to start with, how many weapons, other goods etc. Of course, with recommended default values.

StatikMilk30

It would also be nice to have the ability to give your guy a new ROBO-eye or ROBO-leg and so on. After all it seems no matter how much armor you put on your guys they still find the time to lose one or tow limbs know an again.

BetaSpectre

There was once a mod that let you edit your colonist's stats.

That mod is now gone. I miss you colonist mod.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Xerberus86

Quote from: BetaSpectre on September 03, 2014, 11:00:58 PM
There was once a mod that let you edit your colonist's stats.

That mod is now gone. I miss you colonist mod.

we should be able to create three colonists on our own, at least have it as an option. having to randomize between a certain amount of preset characters isn't exactly suitable for the journey, especially if you play on harder difficulty and / or with mods which make the game harder.