[Mod Request] A Scape and Run Parasites-like mod?

Started by Necrikus, June 07, 2023, 08:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrikus

Either there is a criminally small number of "problem-that-can-snowball-into-an-apocalypse" type mods for a survival/base-building game, or I'm blind, but as I was pondering that I was contemplating something of the sort that worked similarly to the Minecraft mod, "Scape and Run: Parasites".

Long story short, special parasite mobs spawn in and are capable of not just attacking you, but also infesting and corrupting other mobs. The mod has a point system that determines just how numerous and aggressive parasites are and whether or not stronger versions can start spawning. Points go up when certain things happen, like a parasite killing or infecting something, and points go down by things like killing parasites and creating and using certain consumable items. If the parasites have enough points, it practically becomes an apocalyptic event.

The best I can find to a Rimworld equivalent is the VFE: Mechanoids mod with its Total War system; making mechanoid raids stronger and more frequent the more bases they have. Of course, it is nowhere near the same thematically.

So, hey, free mod idea.