[MOD] (Alpha 7) Electric Generator ( v0.7.0.1 / 01.10.2014 )

Started by bolti1703, August 23, 2014, 11:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

There seems to be a bug in which I cannot place the generator under a roof, I'm not sure about the fuel tank. As it needs to be placed next to a generator.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

bolti1703

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 25, 2014, 03:29:35 PM
There seems to be a bug in which I cannot place the generator under a roof, I'm not sure about the fuel tank. As it needs to be placed next to a generator.

I know this. It's not a bug is a feature  8). I designed it so that the generator can be only placed outside because of the burning of fuel it does smoke  ;D

Edit: i consider making the fuel tank placeable everywhere ( not only to a generator ) but i'm not sure about this

vagineer1

Quote from: bolti1703 on August 25, 2014, 04:11:37 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on August 25, 2014, 03:29:35 PM

I know this. It's not a bug is a feature  8). I designed it so that the generator can be only placed outside because of the burning of fuel it does smoke  ;D

Edit: i consider making the fuel tank placeable everywhere ( not only to a generator ) but i'm not sure about this

Oh, ok.
You see this tank?

bolti1703

I changed the description. You're right i never mentioned this

vagineer1

Quote from: bolti1703 on August 25, 2014, 04:20:17 PM
I changed the description. You're right i never mentioned this

The Toggle Output button does not seem to work. I have tried pressing it several times and nothing, the generator has fuel in it.
You see this tank?

bolti1703

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 26, 2014, 07:46:28 AM
The Toggle Output button does not seem to work. I have tried pressing it several times and nothing, the generator has fuel in it.

this time it was not a feature  ;). yes i tested the generator for a longer time and had the same problem. the new version 0.6.0.3 should solve this problem. by the way in this version you can build the generator inside  :D.

Edit: thx for the feedback  :)

vagineer1

Quote from: bolti1703 on August 26, 2014, 08:09:31 AM
Quote from: vagineer1 on August 26, 2014, 07:46:28 AM

this time it was not a feature  ;). yes i tested the generator for a longer time and had the same problem. the new version 0.6.0.3 should solve this problem. by the way in this version you can build the generator inside  :D.

Edit: thx for the feedback  :)

No problem. I'm happy that the generator can be built inside. Now my dream of a shed with a generator in it will come true.

By the way, that one user who offered to draw the generator's art. Is there any chance he could draw it so it looks like that old style generator I mentioned?
You see this tank?

bolti1703

Yes it was your post that that brought me to the idea. the gen produce inside just 150 W power. you research "air cleaner" and then you can start the generator and because the air filter has not the capability to convert all the exhaust gases the generator must run with half power  8).
I don't know which pictures he will offer but i want something in the way you mentioned. We will see..

vagineer1

Quote from: bolti1703 on August 26, 2014, 08:25:13 AM
Yes it was your post that that brought me to the idea. the gen produce inside just 150 W power. you research "air cleaner" and then you can start the generator and because the air filter has not the capability to convert all the exhaust gases the generator must run with half power  8).
I don't know which pictures he will offer but i want something in the way you mentioned. We will see..

150w is enough to power one cookstove right?
You see this tank?

bolti1703

i'm afraid no. the cook stove needs 350 W. i forgot about this, i made it so that you can light up a standing lamp. maybe i change this at least so that you need 2 generator for the cookstove ( change from 150 to 175)

vagineer1

Quote from: bolti1703 on August 26, 2014, 08:41:28 AM
i'm afraid no. the cook stove needs 350 W. i forgot about this, i made it so that you can light up a standing lamp. maybe i change this at least so that you need 2 generator for the cookstove ( change from 150 to 175)
Ah ok. One other thing, I personally think that the cost of making wood gas is too much. Most of my buildings are made out of wood and 30 woods logs plus 5 metal to me anyway seems a little costly. But it works.
You see this tank?

bolti1703

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 26, 2014, 08:57:14 AM
Ah ok. One other thing, I personally think that the cost of making wood gas is too much. Most of my buildings are made out of wood and 30 woods logs plus 5 metal to me anyway seems a little costly. But it works.

ok, the next realease will be mostly balancing  i think i keep that in mind. i was not sure with the resource cost for wood gas but you may be right it could be tweaked a bit ( not to much 20 -25 ? ). i also want to change the time to produce shale gas. now you need 2500 ticks ( thats 1/4 day) this could be a bit to long but on the other hand stones are very common so i don't want to reduce this to much. maybe 2000 ticks?
i also think about rising the power output in power mode ( i test it with 450 W ).

vagineer1

Quote from: bolti1703 on August 26, 2014, 09:13:40 AM
Quote from: vagineer1 on August 26, 2014, 08:57:14 AM

ok, the next realease will be mostly balancing  i think i keep that in mind. i was not sure with the resource cost for wood gas but you may be right it could be tweaked a bit ( not to much 20 -25 ? ). i also want to change the time to produce shale gas. now you need 2500 ticks ( thats 1/4 day) this could be a bit to long but on the other hand stones are very common so i don't want to reduce this to much. maybe 2000 ticks?
i also think about rising the power output in power mode ( i test it with 450 W ).
That is good. As long as one generator can power a cookstove. The only things I would have on during a power emergency would be a light, some turrets and a cookstove.
You see this tank?