A Beginner's Modding Troubles (Help Appreciated)

Started by ReedTheDuck, September 07, 2023, 06:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReedTheDuck

Hello all,

I recently downloaded a mod from the workshop but after using it in game I've thought "This mod could be so much better with just a few tweaks." So I decided to try my hand at making my own version of the mod. I only want to add one thing and maybe a texture, so I've just decided to use Notepad++ for all my coding. I'm following this mod tutorial on the wiki:

https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Tutorials/Getting_started_with_mods

Everything has gone well up to "Adding Content To The Mod." I'm following the steps but every time I launch I get an error. The error is just a message saying "Recovered from incompatible or corrupted mods errors. My mod is called "Servitorship" and is located on the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\Servitorship

I'm not familiar with coding at all and would love if someone could help me out. I've included a screenshot of the error, my preview picture, my About file contents, and my ThingDefs file contents (I'm just trying to get the example on the wiki to work first.)

About File:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ModMetaData>
<name>Servitorship</name> <!-- This is the name of the mod -->
    <author>ReedTheDuck</author>
    <packageId>ReedTheDuck.Servitorship</packageId> <!-- It is best to use this format-->
    <description>Servitor</description> <!-- Be creative, the description is what people will see when they look at your mod and don't leave space between description tags -->
    <supportedVersions>
     <li>1.4</li>
    </supportedVersions> <!-- This is the version of RimWorld that the mod is compatible with -->
</ModMetaData> <!-- be sure to close all tags you open -->

ThingDefs File:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Defs>
    <ThingDef ParentName="ResourceBase">
        <thingClass>ThingWithComps</thingClass>
        <defName>MM_Resource</defName>
        <label>Resource</label>
        <description>Resource</description>
        <statBases>
            <MarketValue>1</MarketValue>
            <MaxHitPoints>300</MaxHitPoints>