[A12d] Weather+

Started by SC_Reaper, November 23, 2015, 06:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC_Reaper

Weather+
A mod about letting hell loose in your backyard.

So yeah, this is a reboot of my old mod called New Weathers. For now it includes three different weathers.

For now i'll just try and get it up and running again, maybe adjusting it a little, as well as adding some pics for you folks to look at. I've already got a few things which i'll want to look into, but for now enjoy the weather and have a nice day!

Hurricanes
So first up, here we have the Hurricanes. Swift, brutal and destined to ruin a perfectly nice day; here they are on return. Strong wind, dark skies, with rain and... um... more rain i guess? Anyway. The Hurricanes are on return in the Weather+ modpack and as you may have guessed already, it includes rain, some strong wind, as well as some clouds.

Whiteout
"Oh, there you are! I couldn't see a thing before, there's just to god damn much snow out there..."

Okay, so this one is a kind of redecorated type of weather, which i just didn't really feel like anymore, emerging as something entirely new. As for what the weather is about, i'll let you figure that out yourself...

Intensive Dry Thunderstorms
"Well, that's some funny clouds, think ya think?" And so said the lone wanderer to himself, right before it struck him.

So yeah, old things can learn new stuff it seems. Reborn as Intensive Dry Thunderstorms, you'll now be able to experience some good ol' lightning.

Download
Here ya go! Link's right here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8nk7pcp2ibv9bft/AADuI0JgCucxYWZEoSyroAYEa?dl=0

Issues and suggestions
If you discover any issues, please contact me via this post. Suggestions as well as things alike, small adjustments as an example, may also be posted right below.

How to install:
- Download the content and place it in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Licence:
You may modify this content and include it in modpacks, as long as approval have been given by the author.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

Austupaio

Hurricanes and whiteout events sound fun, not sure Dry Thunderstorms are necessary though, as those already exist. :P

The ensuing gigantic fire actually destroyed my colony, so watch out for having two possibilities of the event. ;D

SC_Reaper

Quote from: Austupaio on November 23, 2015, 07:07:38 PM
Hurricanes and whiteout events sound fun, not sure Dry Thunderstorms are necessary though, as those already exist. :P

The ensuing gigantic fire actually destroyed my colony, so watch out for having two possibilities of the event. ;D
When i fail like that, it seems that i should probably go get some sleep. I'll fix it tommorrow when possible. :D

SC_Reaper

Quote from: Austupaio on November 23, 2015, 07:07:38 PM

So um, yeah, this should do it for now. I changed the name of the weather, as well as the intensity of the lightning by a nice percentage. :D If you feel like something could be adjusted please do tell me, as i've not had any time to play the game lately. :-\

Austintrollinski

SC_Reaper

IndustryStandard

I don't suppose you could add a light rain event? Without the storms and lightning.

Unless that's in the game and I forgot.

SC_Reaper

Quote from: IndustryStandard on November 25, 2015, 03:37:19 AM
I don't suppose you could add a light rain event? Without the storms and lightning.

Unless that's in the game and I forgot.
Well there's only "Rain" in the game as it stands right now. But sure, i'll try and look into it. There's just a few lines in the def which i'm still trying to understand, so it may not be done immediately.

popster99

somebody's been reading a certain somebody's book I know what the reference "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" is from

Komyets

Well, if there's something I know is that Weather does actually affects ranged combat, have you experienced any issues with that yet? Im starting a new colony soon so I might just use it alongside CombatRealism to see how it goes.

Jdalt40

Quote from: Komyets on November 26, 2015, 04:02:50 PM
Well, if there's something I know is that Weather does actually affects ranged combat, have you experienced any issues with that yet? Im starting a new colony soon so I might just use it alongside CombatRealism to see how it goes.
I believe that is hardcoded into the game sorry :(

SC_Reaper

Sorry for the long wait, i've been a bit occupied lately. Just had an exam and quite a few assignments to turn in. Still have. But anyway, just want to answer what i can for now.
Quote from: Joshy1111 on December 05, 2015, 02:57:41 AM
Quote from: Komyets on November 26, 2015, 04:02:50 PM

I believe that is hardcoded into the game sorry :(
Well. For what i know, i'm able to affect the accuracy of weapons. So in that way, it should affect ranged combat. I'll take a look at it either the following week, or the one after. I do have a few assignments left before christmas, but i'll see if i'm able to set some time aside.

Asides from this, i have already tweaked the multiplier values for the accuracy of ranged weapons. It should already be affecting combat, just not drastically.
Quote from: popster99 on November 25, 2015, 12:42:16 PM
somebody's been reading a certain somebody's book I know what the reference "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" is from
About that. I haven't read the book, as i've never actually found it. I first found the quote through reading, as well as watching and playing, different stuff from the science fiction genre. The first time i saw the quote, i more or less just thought of it as "something interesting and slightly relevant". As i've gotten through more of the science fiction genre, mostly games and movies, i've simply seen so many examples of the quote being relevant. So when i first joined the forum and filled out my profile, i was left with a blank space. It didn't take me to long to decide on using that quote.