[MOD] (alpha6) Adaptation Refusal V0.6 - Discontinued

Started by Krantz86, August 24, 2014, 10:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krantz86

ADAPTATION REFUSAL -
synth foods power and now upgrade weapons!

Hello everyone, this is my first mod, i've added 4 new techs that allow your survivors to utterly ignore planetary adaptation (aka farming) in exchange of minining, those techs allow you to use metal to can electorlyte solution and to build bio-farms to harvest kryll-algae based foods without need for actually growing anything.
Please critics and suggestions are welcome

PS: i tried to mantain the new workshops graphically neutral to adapt them to most of other mods, tell me what you think on that too

Update v0.2: recipe bugfix and screenshot added
Update v0.3: added research to develop cheap but effort consuming Bio-power Batteries
Update v0.4:adjusted some research, added 2 Upgraded sci-fi weapons
Update v0.4b: hotfix for charger rifle, i had mistakenly added the unfinished m16 too
Update v0.5: New research, new workshop, new weapon
Update V0.6: New armors, slag-recycled ones

Content:
   New Foods: Electrolyte Solution (water based) and Kryll-Algae Goo (meat...kinda)
   New Food Producing Workshop: Kryll-algae Farms and Moisture Converter
   New Mixed station: Bacteria Battery, energy producing and also where you can upgrade basic weapons to the Sci-fi era
   New Mixed station: added the back alley workshop and the deadly M-16X, you can also make illegal copies of your upgraded weapons
   New Armor: Crude and Improved Slag armour, able to sustain heavy firepower but completely useless against critters!

Download V0.6
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/50/?

The project has been discontinued, anyone interested in using any part of it is free to do so, just give proper credits, ty everyone

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

MrDecay

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

Krantz86

screenshot added, fixed some nasty bugs, should work fine now

Iwillbenicetou

So basically you just have to worry about mining? I love this mod already
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Krantz86

exactly, i actually created this mod to be compatible with others and to colonize reallly hostile environments like the desert, i personally prefer using mine with the fantastic "Superior Crafting" and the beatiful Apparello, so i can colonize lands where space to grow food is scarce and hydroponics access is limited.

EDIT: screenshot of a modded play with the new batteries on the top

Reaper

Raufgar

Quote from: Reaper on August 26, 2014, 03:20:56 AM
please explain what this mod does

Long story short = make food (indirectly) out of metal. No need to farm.
Longer story = Use metal to make new benches that can make food out of nothing. Provide power (also from metal) and pow! No need to farm.
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Krantz86

new version, new stuff, also upgraded description

Edit:Here a preview of the weapons

Ominus

Finally i can try to survive in more barren locations  ;D

Nice update!

Krantz86

ty, another update, here the new weapon

HInt on what i'm thinking next:
Cranial Implant/s(hat, preserve eye/s and Brain)
Slag Armor

Zeta Omega

Krantz86

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 28, 2014, 04:07:53 PM
What are the new weapon stats?

for the first 2 (pistol and lee-enfield) mainly same as the "slug" counterparts, except increased accuracy, range and dmg( total dmg is now 14 and 24)

the new M-16 is toally reworked, has a 2 hit burst, 14 dmg shoot faster but lose a little of range

Handcrafted RX Charger Rifle (M-16) Acc: 96%88%75%68% Burst2 Dmg: 14 Rng:28
Homamade Charger Rifle (lee-Enfield) Acc:98% 98% 94% 92% Dmg: 24 Rng: 38
Homamade Charger Pistol (pistol) Acc: 95% 75% 55% 45% Dmg: 14 Rng: 26

each weapon now fire fast charged shots instead of the old fashioned ammo

Shinzy

Quote from: Krantz86 on August 27, 2014, 06:25:07 PM
HInt on what i'm thinking next:
Cranial Implant/s(hat, preserve eye/s and Brain)
Slag Armor

I really can't wait for these! ;D you better add the log armors too while you're at it!

Zeta Omega

Ideas. Lightning gun/arcthrower concept (Small or long range to harm mechanoids for good deals of damage and increase incap chance with humans for capture but no damage to them) Or just a tazer...

Krantz86

Quote from: Shinzy on August 29, 2014, 02:46:29 PM
you better add the log armors too while you're at it!

not for now, looks too bad ;)

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 29, 2014, 07:34:58 PM
Ideas. Lightning gun/arcthrower concept (Small or long range to harm mechanoids for good deals of damage and increase incap chance with humans for capture but no damage to them) Or just a tazer...
well, that kind of coding seems way out of my league but you gave me some ideas, on a arcwelder, a shortrange/melee overkill weapon, got to try to make one

later/tomorrow i'll release the Slag armor (recycled, crude, heavy, effective) and probably the Improved Slag armor (still crap looking, but lighter)

EDIT: preview of the slag armors