Make pawns pick clothing based on best insulation instead of material

Started by Rexdawn, October 06, 2023, 02:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexdawn

You've probably noticed pawns that will not change out of a parka when it's hot outside or a duster when it's cold.  It's weird that they only sometimes change clothes between seasons, right?  Well, I figured out why.

For some reason, pawns prioritize clothes made from certain materials over others.  Even if you have a bunch of dusters in storage, pawns will not change clothes if the dusters' material has less "priority".  They also won't change into anything that is of a lower quality level than what they're already wearing.

I honestly wanted to report this as a bug but there seems to be no avenue in which to do so anymore.  The very fact that there is clearly a system in place to tell pawns to change clothes when the temperature reaches a certain threshold makes me believe this is a bug or an oversight.  Either way, we all know how frustrating it is to have to micromanage around this system and even install mods to make the process more streamlined.  Even though workarounds exist for everything, I don't think it's acceptable for a system so obviously broken to remain this way.