why i dont trust ai persona cores

Started by Cpt.Fupa, August 24, 2014, 06:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Fupa

Why would you put your life in the hands of a core of a robot that tried to kill you earlier? Just a thought

Rahjital

If it was reprogrammed by somebody they trusted and if it was the only chance to escape the hell-hole planet where sooner or later they would get killed by space pirates or savage tribesmen, and that only if their fate was actually merficul? I'm pretty darn sure they would. The colonists don't really have much of a choice, you know :P

Lost Cause

Just look on the bright side.
It isn't a HAL style AI...
It's more of a SHODAN style AI.
You know, the kind that actively seeks the extermination of the entire human species for their own selfish ends rather than an overcommitment to accomplishing the assigned task at all costs.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Cyclops

Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better.

Where do the AI cores come from anyways? Why are there Mechanoid ships routinely crashing on RimWorlds? Or are the Mechanoids a defensive system for the AI core as opposed to separate entities?

Coenmcj

Quote from: Rahjital on August 24, 2014, 06:10:25 PM
If it was reprogrammed by somebody they trusted and if it was the only chance to escape the hell-hole planet... -Snip-

*Cough* SARAH from Eureka
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Mikhail Reign

All I can think of is the personality cores from Portal....

Defiantly wouldn't trust Wheasly again....

Shinzy

It really depends which kind of ai we're dealing with
If it's the usual HAL, hell no

but VAL from Startopia I could deal with, VAL's trustworthy!