Can anyone help update my mod to 1.4? It still works but throws out yellow error

Started by viperwasp, November 04, 2023, 10:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

The mod is called "Replace Task Completed Sound" someone named MarvinKos made it for me. I am still very thankful. So it's not technically my mod. But I specifically asked for this mod. I give full credit to MarvinKos. First of all I don't know much about modding. I can tweak existing mods but I have not found out how to get rid of these yellow errors.

1. Here is basically the only code in the mod. (I don't think any of this needs to be changed? I think it's my about file that that is the issue?)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Defs>
  <SoundDef>
    <defName>ModdedBillC</defName> 
    <eventNames /> 
    <maxSimultaneous>1</maxSimultaneous> 
    <subSounds>
      <li>
        <onCamera>True</onCamera>     
        <grains>
          <li Class="AudioGrain_Clip">
            <clipPath>UI/ModdedBillC</clipPath>
          </li>
        </grains>     
        <volumeRange>
          <min>100</min>       
          <max>100</max>
        </volumeRange>
      </li>
    </subSounds>
  </SoundDef>

And

<Patch>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">

<xpath>*/SoundDef[defName = "Message_TaskCompletion"]/subSounds/li[1]/grains/li[1]/clipPath</xpath>

<value>

<clipPath>UI/ModdedBillC</clipPath>

</value>

</Operation>

</Patch>

2. Here is the about file. I believe I need to like set my mod up like how others are with folders called 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4. But in general just advice me what I need to do or fix anything outdated in the about file for me if you can. Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<ModMetaData>

<name>Change Bill Complete Sound</name>

<author>MarvinKosh</author>

<targetVersion>1.0.2059</targetVersion>

<description>Makes changes to Message_TaskCompletion deName to make it Message_PositiveEvent instead the way it used to be in A17. This is the sound that plays when a Bill/Research is Completed. I find the new sound annoying. MarvinKosh provided code.

[Version 1.0]
</description>

</ModMetaData>

3. Here are the "errors"

Mod Change Bill Complete Sound: targetVersion field is obsolete, use supportedVersions instead.

Mod Change Bill Complete Sound is missing supported versions list in About.xml! (example: <supportedVersions><li>1.0</li></supportedVersions>)

Mod Change Bill Complete Sound is missing packageId in About.xml! (example: <packageId>AuthorName.ModName.Specific</packageId>)

4. It seems to work fine. So technically it may not need to be updated. But if I am ever to share this mod around I would like it to be proper for version 1.4. It was made on version like 1.0 or something I think?

I don't care if no one ever helps or gets around to this. But if I get it to a state were I can state it's fine for 1.4. I may upload it to the steam workshop. I still can't stand the current bill complete sound it actually drives me up the wall. Maybe someone else would like to use this. Of course full credit goes to MarvinKos. I don't think they mind me sharing this mod they made it on my behalf. Thank you.

P.S
Yes I did try to poke around with it. And copy over and modify things in the about folder from other mods etc. And I ended up getting red errors not just yellow ones. So I reverted to this because it still works. I made it worse trying to solve this on my own.

•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4