"Special" character not allowed in Last Name

Started by Kepe, August 25, 2014, 12:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kepe

Hi, I just bought the "name in the game" pack, and I'm trying to get my real name (Aleksi V�nttinen) in the game. As you can see, my last name has an "�" in it, which is a common, separate, regular letter in the Finnish alphabet but it doesn't seem to be allowed on the Rimworld Creative site. Do I just have to give my last name with an "a" instead of "�" or is it possible to have the correct letter included..?

There's a big difference in how those letters are pronounced in Finnish.
A is pronounced like the letter "a" in "car".
� is pronounced like the letter "a" in "cat".

Thanks!
- Aleksi

Edit: Oh, the letter I'm talking about isn't even supported on this forum... It's an "a" with two dots on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%84 and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_alphabet#The_extra_letters_.C3.84_and_.C3.96

The Creative Rewards Guidelines seem to say that accented characters should be fine:
"Real names are best! All real birth names will be acceptable."
"Marie-Jos�e Delacroix (short: Jos�e) - Okay."
"Names must use Roman characters, with occasional accents and rare apostrophes allowed."

I was planning on using "Kepe" as the nickname so the accented letters wouldn't even show in the game itself, since that is my real nickname in real life. It's basically an "evolution" of my first name Aleksi, as people started calling me Keksi when I was in fifth grade. In high school Keksi somehow molded into Kepe and after almost 15 years some people still call me that and I don't mind that at all. I also use that nickname on the internet if it happens to be available.

Tynan

That's really strange, are you sure? I think we actually have some characters with the a with the umlaut in them in the game.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Okay, please put it in without the accent. Sorry.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog