[W|0.6.532] - Colonist Search Function Not Functioning

Started by SleepyFox, August 26, 2014, 01:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyFox

The function in options to search for specific colonists/backgrounds seems to be broken (or the one I'm looking for doesn't exist in the present build). I filled the fields with the name and I spent five minutes just clicking 'random' in the colonist selection area. Several of the same names scrolled past several times, but not the one I was searching for. Is the search function just not working presently, or did we lose some colonists in the transition to versions?
(Hunting for Victoria Louene)
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

SleepyFox

The search function still doesn't appear to be working in 0.7.581 either. Has anyone tested it out or attempted to test it?

Haplo

Some names aren't available for colonists, they are only available for pirates and such, so you won't find them in the generator.
Try to PM Tynan and ask, if the name is available for colonists.

Also try to search for only one part of the name, as I don't know if it's even possible to search for a first and last name combination.

SleepyFox

I've done a decent amount of poking at this. As in I've seen a colonist name scroll by while I'm poking at Random on the prep screen. I'll input some of those details into the search function, restart the game, and start looking for them as a test, and they won't show up. It leads me to believe the function isn't working as of post Alpha 5.

The character storylines are in system, EdB's Prepare Carefully mod lets me thoroughly customize a colonist to match that, at least.

Tynan

I don't understand what you mean. There is no "search function". Do you mean the preferred names? You should only put in the exact last name of the colonist you want to see.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SleepyFox

Maybe it's the pirate thing after all. Have Pirate King characters been pulled out of the random colonist pool?

Also: 'You should only put in the exact last name of the colonist you want to see.'

The preferred names list in the options menu cites Backstories as a 'search' option as well as last names.

Tynan

Quote from: SleepyFox on October 02, 2014, 08:22:49 PM
Maybe it's the pirate thing after all. Have Pirate King characters been pulled out of the random colonist pool?

Also: 'You should only put in the exact last name of the colonist you want to see.'

The preferred names list in the options menu cites Backstories as a 'search' option as well as last names.

It says, "Last name of Name in Game or Backstory in Game characters you want to see." I suppose I could put quotations around 'Name in Game' and 'Backstory in Game'.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog