Post Your Base

Started by thestalkinghead, November 05, 2013, 03:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thestalkinghead

I'm not sure if there is already a topic like this, but post screenshots of your base here:

Grimreaper1704

My first game i have faild xD all my colonists are dead i have make i have not salveged food :D

Dragula

Love what you did with the entrance. A green/concrete carpet of death :).
Batteries sectioned, to prevent massive blowout incase of a short I presume?

Would have made bedrooms smaller though.
And you could make some room between the graves to chain charges so can clean the graveyard every now and then.

ItchyFlea

This is my base just after a raid where they decided to come inside:

I used to have turrets, but don't bother building them any more as the pirates are usually armed with M-24's and destroy the turrets from a safe distance.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

thestalkinghead

Quote from: Dragula on November 05, 2013, 03:58:45 AM
Love what you did with the entrance. A green/concrete carpet of death :).
Batteries sectioned, to prevent massive blowout incase of a short I presume?

Would have made bedrooms smaller though.
And you could make some room between the graves to chain charges so can clean the graveyard every now and then.

yeah i sectioned the batteries just in case of catastrophe plus i expanded in sections, i wasn't sure if the graves got refilled if you destroyed the corpses in them, i did do it with a guy and grenades but the graves didn't change the way they looked, so in the end i just made an outside dumping area and burned the bodies with molotovs, concrete stops the spread of fire :)   

Pendryn

Hmm, I just don't like the idea of building into a mountain side. I know, it is the easiest thing in the world to defend, but it seems wrong. I keep making towns which become forts with walls. I just finally lost a fairly successful one after some time. I'll have to take a screenshot of one at some point.
Reticulating all the splines.

SteveAdamo

Quote from: thestalkinghead on November 05, 2013, 03:35:40 AM
I'm not sure it there is already a topic like this, but post screenshots of your base here:

very impressive! :)

im assuming that massive area up front isnt considered a room? its not roofed, correct? i only ask, as i dont see any support columns...

Wopian

I hate the design I did, just adding stuff on randomly. Really inefficient with power usage though - constant blackouts due to the indoor farms.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

TripleZero

@ Wopian a 100000 metal? Really? How long the fuck have you been playing.

Wopian

Quote from: TripleZero on November 05, 2013, 10:11:14 AM

2 full days. Trading food for metal is the way to go to get a steady supply of metal.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

thestalkinghead

Quote from: SteveAdamo on November 05, 2013, 09:03:24 AM
Quote from: thestalkinghead on November 05, 2013, 03:35:40 AM
I'm not sure it there is already a topic like this, but post screenshots of your base here:

very impressive! :)

im assuming that massive area up front isnt considered a room? its not roofed, correct? i only ask, as i dont see any support columns...

no, no roof and no door (so i can use the solar panels) , just a big blasting corridor and a small corridor to bunch them up

TripleZero

Quote from: Wopian on November 05, 2013, 10:14:50 AM
Quote from: TripleZero on November 05, 2013, 10:11:14 AM

2 full days. Trading food for metal is the way to go to get a steady supply of metal.

Yes, i do the same but it doesnt make a 100000 less of a ridicoulus amount.

SteveAdamo

Quote from: thestalkinghead on November 05, 2013, 10:17:57 AM
Quote from: SteveAdamo on November 05, 2013, 09:03:24 AM
no, no roof and no door (so i can use the solar panels) , just a big blasting corridor and a small corridor to bunch them up

ahh, i for some reason i initially thought the left and right portions were sectioned off... i see now its an even larger open space, that of course houses your solar array... very cool! :)

Veneke

I'd really like to see what other people have done with their first proper base. This is my third base total, first two were just experimenting a small bit and realizing that you can't rush straight underground right off the bat. Unfortunately it isn't as pretty as I'd have hoped as I added to it and remodeled it as I went along. You can't see them very well in this shot but there are blasting charges all along the wall and sandbag perimeter and more blasting charges scattered along the three main invasion routes.

There's also lots of graves. Like, lots. The three graves visible in the image are my own losses, each gets their own potted plant too.

Anyway, here's the base proper.

Hero

Here is my current base. It absolutely utilitarian, as I can barely keep more then two colonists alive at a time. Since my laptop starts to slowdown right around 5 colonists, I will only keep 6 max. Despite being around for 10 cycles, I've never had more then 4 turrets at any one time, and I don't think I'll keep more then two now anyway. I've found it's easier just to make giant choke point at the front gate. A few crafty raiders have attempted to go around by my Geothermal, but only found that being trapped in a narrow hallway with an M24 and M16 spraying in was suicide.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]