Post Your Base

Started by thestalkinghead, November 05, 2013, 03:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pendryn

Imagine those beds in the top right are orange. Because they are now, but then they weren't, because I forgot. But then I remembered. Anyway, this is basically an impenetrable fortress with zero ridiculously fancy defense measures. The tiniest of funnels is all, and that is so the M-24s can't sit back and try to snipe. Not that it matters. All of my guys have M-24s of their own. Also there is another geothermal generator hooked up to my power supply in the mountain side further down. Lastly, the area directly above and below the dining hall will be more housing, when i get around to it. Enjoy.

Reticulating all the splines.

Lochar

this is my 2nd base, my first I had to redo since didnt remember the roofing dynamics and made a mess.

I am still playing around with chokepoints and notice my turrets are all off, this will bring the raiders closer if I want.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Dragula

@pendryn, You did nice dressing up everything, looks real cozy :)

Not much to say about my base, 11 Residents now and i love hoarding energy :)
I'm thinking to rework the defense a bit, just to try something different. The funnel/waffle works great though, the raiders die either on the sandbag-entrance or in surrounded area. With 9 colonists i could easily hold out around 15 raiders with little damage taken.
The shared bedroom is actual the prison, i just replaced the sleepingspots with beds but forgot to flag the room.

CyborgTriceratops

@Dragula: Why would you ever need that much power before you could refill the bateries? Also, don't your colonists say that their rooms are cramped?

Riker13

I would post my base, But I have no idea how to take a screenshot..... :P P.S.: I'm on Mac :P
Pirate Teir. Save the Muffalos!

Dragula

Quote from: CyborgTriceratops on November 06, 2013, 01:24:48 PM
@Dragula: Why would you ever need that much power before you could refill the bateries? Also, don't your colonists say that their rooms are cramped?
Just because you can't have enough energy :) I had a base with 184 batteries :p And al 184KW discharged all in once through short-circuit haha. Too bad the explosion wasn't really big.
Yes they say their rooms are cramped, but it does not really influence their loyalty that much.

Wopian

Quote from: Riker13 on November 06, 2013, 01:41:44 PM
I would post my base, But I have no idea how to take a screenshot..... :P P.S.: I'm on Mac :P

If you're playing fullscreen:

Press Command-Shift-3, then use http://imgur.com to upload that screenshot.

If you're playing windowed:

Press Command-Shift-4, then use http://imgur.com to upload that screenshot.
OR
Press Command-Shift-4 then press Space and select a window to take a screenshot of the whole game, then use http://imgur.com to upload that screenshot.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

Thorero

Up until now I've been designing my bases with a more organic feel, adding rooms as they're needed. Tonight I'll try actually mapping out a base beforehand. Anyway, simple little Phoebe Friendly base.

Amaror

My little cassandra base.
Got pretty lucky. I survived the first sniper assault with a bit luck and the advanced weapons i got from that were REALLY helpfull defending the colony. Only one loss so far.
Btw. This picture was taken during a eclipse, that's why nearly everything is shut down. To save the energy, so that my people don't starve.

Wopian

Current Phobe base (Cassandra never gives me trades so I'm always doomed to die)

That farm has a supply of 100,000Wd stored in batteries. <3

9 colonists, 8 of which are Oafs. Sadly all but 1 of my starting colonists have been burned to death.

Zones:
-Farm:- Solar Panels & huge battery array
-Residential:- Geothermal Generator
-Food Place/Research/Security:- Solar Panels & small battery array

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

Galileus

My turn! Ahhh, only thing lacking there are two or three Predator tanks parked behind the lines...  :'(

AHoff

oh my... that is insane...  :o

Thorero

Quote from: Galileus on November 06, 2013, 04:56:59 PM
My turn! Ahhh, only thing lacking there are two or three Predator tanks parked behind the lines...  :'(

I'm almost speechless. That's both absolutely brilliant and insane at the same time. Wow.

Riker13

mmmk, Thanks for telling me how :D I will upload one in just a min.

Riker13

But then how does one get the screenshot? Does it appear in iPhoto? D:

P.S. I've found the screenshot. I'm uploading it.